Nikon lenses, film bodies, other stuff for sale (from Ga).

PatrickHMS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hmscoatings.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(If interested, you can contact me at: [email protected])

Here is some Nikon stuff available for sale to people here on TPF. If there is no interest here, it might go on to eBay soon, or even my local CL. I will list descriptions, and for prices, maybe we can use Adorama, B&H, KEH, or eBay completed sales for a guideline, and I am also open to fair offers.

Definitely willing to ship (USPS Priority Mail, insured, with tracking), and will also accept a USPS Money Order for those who do not do PayPal. I have done sales or trades with TPF members before, so I am sure I can come up with a reference from someone here.

In some cases I might be willing to trade, open to “what have you” in Nikon DSLR compatible stuff.

Lenses:

Nikon AF (autofocus) Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D, EC, comes with both caps.

Nikkor MF (manual focus) 28mm f/2.8, AI/AIS (tabs with holes) EC, comes with both caps = SOLD!

Nikkor MF (manual focus) 50mm f/1.8, AI/AIS (tabs with holes), EC, comes with both caps. (I have two of these) = SOLD one of them.

Quantaray (Nikon mount) AF (autofocus) 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5, 77mm front threads. EC, comes with both caps. Looks almost exactly like a Tokina 19-35mm lens that I used to own. EC, comes with both caps and original instruction sheet.

Nikon AF (autofocus) Nikkor 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6 D (known as the Streetsweeper). EC, comes with both caps and Nikon HB11 hood = SOLD!

Nikon AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 "G" (no VR), NIB with all packaging and papers, looks like never been used.

Film camera bodies:

Nikon N80 body, EXCELLENT condition, nothing at all wrong with it. Comes with original Nikon instruction manual.

Vintage Nikon F2, all black body. Very good condition. I have a DP-1 finder (would essentially make it a Photomic), and a DP-2 finder (would make it an F2S). Whatever finder is bought with the F2 body, am willing to sell the other one separately.

Nikon N5005 body, in excellent condition. This camera uses 4 standard “AA” batteries, which is a huge plus in the long run. Comes with original Nikon instruction manual.

Nikon N65 body, in excellent condition. Comes with original Nikon instruction manual.

Nikon N55 body, in excellent condition

Miscellaneous:

Also have some Vivitar flash stuff – two Vivitar 283’s (the GOOD ones that were made in Japan), a Vivitar 3700 (great backup to 283 – almost identical, even down to battery pack), and some compatible connections, a color filter set made to fit the 283, etc.

If there is any interest, I can email you photos of whatever you would like to see.

Thanks!

Patrick

Last edited:
how much do you want for the n80?

I never really found out the difference in MF and AF. Is MF COMPLETLY manual focus, even on a body like a D80-D3? What's your price on the 28mm? Pictures?

~Michael~

I never really found out the difference in MF and AF. Is MF COMPLETLY manual focus, even on a body like a D80-D3? What's your price on the 28mm? Pictures?

~Michael~

Michael,

Thanks for responding.

This Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 is a vintage "AI/AIS" type lens, meaning it has the indexing bracket (have seen them called ears), in this case, with holes.

This type lens came before AF was in mass production, this lens was made sometime during 1980's.

Here is a link to one showing the bracket I refer to. The lens shown in the photo in the link below is the same lens I have, but is not my lens. I can take photos of mine tomorrow, and send them to you. Mine looks just like this one though, same excellent condition.

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais2828.jpg

The lens is reputed to be an EXCELLENT lenses, of very high IQ. Plenty of good information out on the internet about them.

It will mount on later DSLR's, but according to what body you use, might not meter on all bodies, but will on some. Might have to read up on that.

But it will not AF on ANY Nikon SLR or DSLR.

eBay completed sales for this lens range up to $315.00, cannot find any examples at all on Adorama, B&H or KEH or elsewhere.

We can probably work something out if you are interested.

Patrick

Last edited:

~Michael~

Michael,

Thanks for responding.

This Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 is a vintage "AI/AIS" type lens, meaning it has the indexing bracket (have seen them called ears), in this case, with holes.

This type lens came before AF was in mass production, this lens was made sometime sometime during 1980's.

Here is a link to one showing the bracket I refer to. The lens shown in the photo in the link below is the same lens I have, but is not my lens. I can take photos of mine tomorrow, and send them to you. Mine looks just like this one though, same excellent condition.

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais2828.jpg

The lens is reputed to be an EXCELLENT lenses, of very high IQ. Plenty of good information out on the internet about them.

It will mount on later DSLR's, but according to what body you use, might not meter on all bodies, but will on some. Might have to read up on that.

But it will not AF on ANY Nikon SLR or DSLR.

eBay completed sales for this lens range up to $315.00, cannot find any examples at all on Adorama, B&H or KEH or elsewhere.

We can probably work something out if you are interested.

Patrick

Thanks for the information.

While $315 is tempting, I wouldn't be able to do it. I have been wanting a "wide" [er] prime lens than the 50mm is use on a crop body (D300).

28 and 30mm seems to be good.

Thanks for the offer, though

~Michael~

Thanks for the information.

While $315 is tempting, I wouldn't be able to do it. I have been wanting a "wide" [er] prime lens than the 50mm is use on a crop body (D300).

28 and 30mm seems to be good.

Thanks for the offer, though

~Michael~

Michael,

I am not necessarily asking $315.00 for it, just said that was the high price on eBay. Especially noting that eBay fees will probably be $20.00 - $25.00 or so. PayPal another $10.00.

Am open to fair offers before I put it on eBay sometime in the next day or so.

Definitely willing to try to work something out with someone. If anyone is interested, maybe you can PM me so we don't have to do it so publicly.

I may be interested in one of the 283's
Michael

Let me know.

I have one Vivitar 283 (made in Japan), also comes with a brown Vivitar
"leather" case (and instructions if I can find them). Like NIB, the nicest used flash I have ever seen.

Also have a Vivitar 3700, would make a great backup to 283, is almost the exact same size as 283, uses the same battery pack.

Also have a set of colored plastic filters that slide into a shroud that fits either 283 or 3700. Several walletts worth of different colored filters.

Recently found two Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ flashes for Nikon I haven't listed yet.

You can email or pm me for more information.

How much for the 50mm 1.8D?

Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 D's are plentiful in Atlanta. I usually keep 2-3 of them, and if anyone wants them I can usually find more.

They usually go for $80-$90.00, at the higher end of that range if original box and packaging goes with them.

Don't need to make any money selling them, will sell and ship as long as my USPS and PayPal costs are covered.

If anyone wants one, just email me to ask, I either have one, or can come up with one within a few days.

why you cleaning out the closet patrick HMS??

Don't keep them in a closet...lol

Have been shooting since 1969, seems that I have acquired a lot of stuff over the years.

Also like to buy, sell, trade Nikon stuff, mostly for fun.

Have an old friend who runs an orphanage. We donate extra stuff to them, and also teach underpriviledged kids to shoot with a camera, rather than with needles and guns.

Have developed several sources of finding stuff, like auctions, Estate Sales, and somewhere in Atlanta there is a storage shed with palletts of Nikon stuff, just there for the selling.

Just found an AF Nikkor 70-200mm (non VR) "G" lens, like new (don't think it has ever even been on a camera body before I just checked it on mine), that I need to list sometime soon.

I may be interested in one of the 283's
Michael

Let me know.

I have one Vivitar 283 (made in Japan), also comes with a brown Vivitar
"leather" case (and instructions if I can find them). Like NIB, the nicest used flash I have ever seen.

Also have a Vivitar 3700, would make a great backup to 283, is almost the exact same size as 283, uses the same battery pack.

Also have a set of colored plastic filters that slide into a shroud that fits either 283 or 3700. Several walletts worth of different colored filters.

Recently found two Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ flashes for Nikon I haven't listed yet.

You can email or pm me for more information.

pm sent

also have a nikon 80-200 manual focus lens I would be willing to trade maybe

Michael

Most reactions

New Topics

Back