Nikon lover from Ontario, Canada says hello

maff68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all

My name is Rob. I live in Lindsay, Ontario and am 43. I love taking photos of dogs, old barns, macro photography, and architecture. I'm also getting into HDR but still have some work to do perfecting.

Just want send out greetings to all. Looking forward to some meaningful discussion on a hobby I love more and more every day. I've been into photography for around 7 years now. Started with a D70s my fiance....who is now my wife, bought me for my birthday. At the time the D70s was the camera to have. Oh how times change so fast. I'm now shooting a D300s which I love. Waiting to upgrade to full frame but I would like to buy some new glass first. Thinking of the Nikon 24-70mm. I need something for our trip to Rome this fall. I've heard nothing but amazing things about the 24-70. Any thoughts? My other choice is the 18-200mm.

I also have the Nikon 70-200mm, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 70-300mm macro,and the Nikon 50mm.

I'm always ready to hear tips and advice from those of you who have honed your skills. I still have so much to learn. It is my goal to go pro one of these days. Any advice on other kit I should get is also appreciated.

Looking forward to talking with you all

Take care

Rob

HI, welcome.

Sorry, I cannot help you much with Nikon.

Tips ? Hmm, take advice with a grain of salt ... don't give up your day job before going pro ... invest in quality lenses ... make sure you also invest time with your spouse.

Most reactions

Back