Nikon MB-D11 D7000 Grip - Is it Legit?

jdag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are reports on the net, and on Nikon's site, about counterfeit MB-D11 grips being sold through authorized channels:
Counterfeit Nikon Accessories

I just bought an MB-D11 grip, and it "passes" all of the tests. The ONLY thing that still concerns me is the rubber on the grip. I took 2 quick shots to show how the grip's rubber is dull compared to the D7000 body itself. For others that have the Nikon grip, is this normal?

6982619648_d514eb2c3c.jpg

6982621262_91ef5a23e3.jpg

The MB-D11 is made from metal. My 3rd party one is plastic and you can tell. If it's metal it's probably the real thing or a very good quality knockoff.

Only the chassis of the MB-D11 is metal. The metal is then covered with plastic and the rubber like grip material. Plus it's a magnesium alloy, not just any metal. Nikon uses the magnesium alloy mainly because of it's heat disipating properties.

DSLR's look a lot better with a grip on them. :thumbup:

I just rec'd a 2nd grip from a different vendor. It is 100% identical to the one I rec'd last week. The same "matte" rubber finish, somewhat different than the D7000 body. I am now 100% convinced that BOTH are legitimate. I will keep both and give the 1 to my son.

I think we can safely put this to rest and assume they are legit...Thanks!

Did you get a good price and, if so, where from?

I bought from an authorized dealer at the current price...$219.95.

BHPHOTO sells a non-Nikon grip that works GREAT. Made by Zeikos, 64 bux, and has withstood my D700 and 70-200 VRII for over 5000 pops thus far =)

I get mine yesterday,,but I am not sure it's fake or legit coz the apperture dial works as opposite apperture dial on the body,,somebody can tell me...:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

I get mine yesterday,,but I am not sure it's fake or legit coz the apperture dial works as opposite apperture dial on the body,,somebody can tell me...:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Hm...that seems to be the telltale sign of a fake.

The knockoffs for seem to have a reverse dial based on reviews. I use a different third party grip so I don't have first hand info on that specific grip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back