Nikon N50. Good camera?

TurboGoKart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just found out that my brother has a Nikon N50, and since he doesnt really use it, he is lending it to me for however long I can use it for.

My question is, is this a good camera? It has the lens that I imagine came with it (28-80mmD). I would imagine that its a good camera because I know the D50 is a great camera. I've been reading and researching info about aperture and shutter settings, and I still have a ton to learn, but I'm excited to have what seems to be a decent camera to play with. Anyways, any input on this one?

Hello Turbo. Welcome to the forum. I have seen a lot of stunning results from the D50 here and elsewhere. Try and read up on the manual as this camera has tons of features. If it is the 'kit' lens then it is pretty good. Plenty good enough to get started with.

If you've got it available for learning, I'd stick with it for now - it's not a bad camera. When it comes time to get your own, I'd stick with Nikon so you and your brother can share lenses/accessories.

digital flower pictures said:
Hello Turbo. Welcome to the forum. I have seen a lot of stunning results from the D50 here and elsewhere. Try and read up on the manual as this camera has tons of features. If it is the 'kit' lens then it is pretty good. Plenty good enough to get started with.

It's actually a N50, which I believe to be the manual brother of the D50 - which is digital.

This N50 takes film, so it's not digital.

Oops, sorry :blushing: :confused: :blushing:

I actually have an N50. It was my main camera for awhile and still works fine. It also can take some great pictures. You should be all right with that one too.

its good for free if thats what youre asking. but so is a $.99 cheeseburger, if someone just gave it to you. but id never buy one.

-aspects

One thing I like is the N50's night capabilities. If you like that kind of stuff you will be happy. I took this (aspects, do you recognize this place :wink: ) without a tripod.
ed41c46a.jpg

So since the N50 uses film, is there a way to get those pictures onto my computer or the internet?

Or do I just enjoy the 3x5's?

You will need a scanner. That free camera is already costing you money:mrgreen:
Some of the places will put them on a CD for an extra charge when you get them processed.

That's what I figured. I didnt know if there was an easier way.

Just another reason why when I get a camera, it will be a dslr.

If it is free I would take it. I have the N55 which is a little newer than the N50 but I like the N50 much better. I think you will like it.

Yeah, I figure, what the heck why not. It's on something of an indefinate loan. I'll use it because it's free.

The great thing about film cameras is that you can take a crap body (I'm not saying the N-50 is a crap body), mount top of the line glass on it, and load it with the latest, top of the line, film technology.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back