Nikon N80

TonyG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a Nikon N80. It has a nikkor AF 28-70mm lens on it, is this lens a good lense to start with, or should I purchase another lens when I decide to use it? I dont plan on using this camera right now...I kind of like the AE-1 and k1000 and want to learn how to operate them first. I was just curious what you guys thought here.

Thanks

-T

I would experiment with the lens first, not all kit lenses are bad some can be very good, I have a Canon 20D with a standard lens, it does the job. The best lens to get if you were to buy in the future would be L series lenses, i dont know if thats the same for Nikon but i am sure there is an equivelant to it.

lol...yeah. I was only planning on only getting 2 for right now, the K100 and the N80 but then I ended up with the minolta, topcon and AE-1 too. I just liked the way the older cameras looked. I took some more pics today with the AE-1 and N80..I will post them soon. I tried to adjust the settings on the AE-1 as I shot by things I read. Still not coming out too well but ok I guess.

55000010.jpg

54970016.jpg

54970015.jpg

54980003.jpg

54990002.jpg

Ok, there are a few pics from today....I just noticed the B/W gallery, sorry for posting these here.

The first pic in you last post. Awesome. The exposure is right on (to me) and the composition IMHO is great too.
I am (I think) in pretty much the same spot as you are in terms of experience. I picked up a copy of Understanding Exposure (as per countless recommendations) and so far I have learned a ton. I turns out that I didn't know nearly as much as I though:er:.

I've got an N80 as well, used it just the other day actually with my 24-120VR. It gives me mechanically and technically beautiful results every time, even if I don't.

Aside from being way too short for my hands (I like a camera that I can GRAB), it's perfect for my occasional film shooting.

I'm glad to hear your learning alot from the book, I need to go get a copy. I have just been reading post and doing searches online.:D

nice photos Sw1tchFX

Most reactions

Back