Nikon New Lens Question (With plenty of Details)

Man. So many choices and options and decisions. Lens selection can be a bit overwhelming.

my vote in for a "wedding / boudoir " lens .. the 24-70/2.8 or an older model to fit in your budget.

or a nice prime !! lol

The 85mm 1.4G is my current main contender. You prefer the D?
Both will work. One is cheaper. I have the 1.8 and I have no issues. It's sharp as a tack. I used it to do head shots for LinkedIn at work and at f7.1 in LR3 the default sharpening at 25 was pushing over-sharpened. I like it at anything 2.0 and above ( the 1.8.. Disclaimer, I haven't had Time to fiddle with AF fine tune for shooting with larger apertures)

The 85mm 1.4G is my current main contender. You prefer the D?
Both will work. One is cheaper. I have the 1.8 and I have no issues. It's sharp as a tack. I used it to do head shots for LinkedIn at work and at f7.1 in LR3 the default sharpening at 25 was pushing over-sharpened. I like it at anything 2.0 and above ( the 1.8.. Disclaimer, I haven't had Time to fiddle with AF fine tune for shooting with larger apertures)

It's definitely *very* strong at f1.8 if calibrated correctly. In my case, I *think* mine is bang on with my D5200, but I haven't taken enough shots to be 100% sure.

Most reactions

Back