Nikon or cannon? digital slr

it's not that I have no love4 Olympus, it's just my personal exp. with camera. 2 b honest I love love love Minolta! out of 6 35mm my minolta Killed my 2nikon's,canon,Olympus,and sony. But from what ive been reading and what ive seen from the slr's the nikon seems 2 fit me the best.

and that is the most important thing.:D

Canon all the WAY!!! Actually who am I kidding, they are both great.

I personally liked the feel of the Canon but I also use a Canon at work so I figure since I know the menu options, might as well stick with it for my personal camera.

I also like Canon's lenses. I am a huge fan of their L series lenses but they are quite expensive...but hey, isn't everything anymore? I love my Canon 40D and I think it can compete with almost any "non-full frame" camera on the market...maybe even some full frames like the 5D.

Eventually I will get a Mark III but that is all in time...gotta really start making money with this before I consider it. Just remember whatever you choose, you need to like it. When I first bought my Canon, I thought, man there are so many people using Nikon's I should have bought a Nikon but in reality, what works for one may not work for another.

Good Luck!

When I first bought my Canon, I thought, man there are so many people using Nikon's I should have bought a Nikon but in reality, what works for one may not work for another.

Good Luck!
this is exactyl why I started this thread. I was interested in the nikon but the more I looked into it the I found more poeple seem 2 use canon. So i't got me thunkin a little! I wish there was a great Minolta out there, But I havnt read anything about sony's minolta campatible cameras that sounded like it would compete with the Nikon or canon. Any Sony lover out there care 2 argue this?

Regarding the cameras you've spoken of, I'd get them in this order.

D200
D80
XTI
D70
XT
D40

If your friend isn't getting good pictures with his XTI, then it's not the cameras fault.

The skills of the person is probably much more important than the quality of the camera. I don't believe that Nikon or Canon either one makes a "bad" camera body.

Oh and incase your intriqued by my response compared to my sig....I've gotten rid of the D40 and have a D70 on the way. It only took about 2 months to discover that the D40 wasn't going to meet my needs with the lack of AF motor.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has replied 2 this thread!:hail:I have decided on getting the Nikon D80 with a 18-200mm af lens.:thumbup: Now another question I need help with. I found the Body for $299/ the lens(nikon) for $549/ the battery for 149.99 & long life for 199.95/ and a 2 gig memory card high speed for 299.99/ Anyone know if there's better prices out there? I know the body is a good buy but 300 for a memory card sounds outright silly!! The battery sounds high 2. If anyone knows a place to buy them cheaper i'd appreciate it.
Thank you again .:hail:

That is insane pricing. Go to the link at the top for B&H Photo and buy one of their kits. D80 kits go for $899 to $1300 depending on what lens/lenses you are getting, and that includes a warranty on all items. The kit you just described would run $1300 and is probably a gray market item with no warranty. All of B&H's kits come with a warranty.

That price for the body only makes me think something is really wrong with it.

I have a D80 that my wife bought for me for my birthday. She bought just the body but it came with the battery for ~$800. The 2 gig SD car was something like $25 or 30 extra and can be had all day long for that price from Best Buy. We already had 2 lenses so that wasn't a concern.

Both are great systems. I tried Canon (in 1969) and choose Nikon. But that's just me. I have been a Nikon shooter ever since. I am glad I choose Nikon so long ago, the mount stayed the same when they changed over to AF, letting me use my MF glass on AF bodies. Most others changed mounts making all that great old MF glass obsolete.

Nikon FTW! ahhaha eh personal opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back