Nikon refurbished deals...

wow
amazing prices. Should push the used prices down some.

One day-only 11% discount, then it's back to reg. pricing? Baffled this year by US/Canadian pricing, especially on the D7100. B&H sells for US$ 947, while some sellers in Ontario are selling for as low as C$967. I guess the reg. refurb price of 899 against 50 bucks extra for new+more warranty isn't so sweet.

cgw said:
One day-only 11% discount, then it's back to reg. pricing? Baffled this year by US/Canadian pricing, especially on the D7100. B&H sells for US$ 947, while some sellers in Ontario are selling for as low as C$967. I guess the reg. refurb price of 899 against 50 bucks extra for new+more warranty isn't so sweet.

Yeah, since Nikon is selling DIRECT to customers, the parent company to walk a very thin sheet of ice; if Nikon corporate offers too many promotions, or lets them go on for too long, that could damage the relationships Nikon has with its larger, retail dealers--the companies currently buying Nikon equipment by the railroad car-load: B&H Photo,Samy's Camera, Adorama, Best Buy dealers, for example.

Nikon has only been in the direct, web-based sales business a short time, and the business really has been built upon traditional retail business practices; having the manufacturer selling DIRECTLY to the end customer is NOT something the big camera retailers are excited about. There's a glut of cameras, both new and refurbished...discounts,markdowns, refurbs, and "Sales Events", all of those buzzwords are potential triggers for a certain segment of the buying public...almost everybody wants to get a deal.

cgw said:

Yeah, since Nikon is selling DIRECT to customers, the parent company to walk a very thin sheet of ice; if Nikon corporate offers too many promotions, or lets them go on for too long, that could damage the relationships Nikon has with its larger, retail dealers--the companies currently buying Nikon equipment by the railroad car-load: B&H Photo,Samy's Camera, Adorama, Best Buy dealers, for example.

Nikon has only been in the direct, web-based sales business a short time, and the business really has been built upon traditional retail business practices; having the manufacturer selling DIRECTLY to the end customer is NOT something the big camera retailers are excited about. There's a glut of cameras, both new and refurbished...discounts,markdowns, refurbs, and "Sales Events", all of those buzzwords are potential triggers for a certain segment of the buying public...almost everybody wants to get a deal.

Far more sweeteners up here this season(e.g., free LR5+Elements packages+fiercer than usual price competition))+added suspense of promised "Black Friday" Nikon deals. Yup, all this points to piles of merch that needs moving. Agreed, lots of dog whistles in action.

More 10% off deals... And the 70-300VR is back!
Refurbished Cameras from Nikon | Used DSLR Cameras

Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6GVR = $269.96 (IMHO.. the bargain of the year!)

A few other good deals..
Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX = $152.96
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G = $152.96
Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED (Old One) = $1286.96
TC-17E II = $359.96
TC-14E II = $359.96

Looks like Nikon is REALLY trying to clean out some old stock...

Whoo.
Refurb d810 going back to 2600 bucks.

just learned nikon charges sales tax in my state.

Agh Sadpanda.

Last edited:
Nikon USA has some awesome deals on refurbished gear right now (10/24 - 10/26)..

AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED = $269 Shipped!! ($586 on amazon!)
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G = $152.96

Nikon 1 AW1 w/11-27.5mm lens = $539.96

D810 body = $2609.96 (~$700 off )
D800E body = $2439.96 (~$600 off )
D610 body = $1349.96 (~$400 off)
D7100 - $809.96 (~$240 off)

Free Shipping.

Refurbished Cameras from Nikon | Used DSLR Cameras

... Must resist D810!!!!! please let it sell out before i cave in!!
I just popped on a AF-S vr 70-300. $286 w tax. That is about the same price I paid for my 55-200 DX from Walmart. Time now to sell some stuff.

Last edited:
I got my Nikon D5300 refurbished from Nikon USA on Amazon for $629 with an 18-55 VR kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back