Nikon reveals worlds first wi-Fi enabled camera

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Article here.

Nikon is redefining the digital camera shooting experience with the announcement of two new revolutionary Wi-Fi enabled models. The Coolpix P1 and P2 are the world's first built-in Wi-Fi-enabled (IEEE802.11b/g) digital cameras to hit the marketplace. These groundbreaking cameras allow consumers to immediately transmit images wirelessly directly to a computer or to any PictBridge-enabled printer equipped with the optional Nikon Wireless Printer Adapter (PD-10), for wireless printing.

That is just a damn cool idea..

I can understand transmitting it to a computer; it would be great when I'm shooting weddings to not only have the images on the mem card, but also backed up on a computer. But I've yet to see a digital camera that outputs an image file that doesn't need at least some post-processing, so I can't imagine sending it straight to the printer.

What I see the biggest benefit is the "unlimited" memory card.

Straight to the printer is more a gimic than anything in my opinion since liek you say most all pics need some sort of post processing.

World's first? Canon has had it for more than a year...

Cool feature though

as these are compact cameras my guess is a large majority of users are just "point and shooters" who don't use photoshop and such like. granted, there are keen amateurs that use compact digitals with photoshop but on the whole i think Nikon's timing is just about right and have a good market for it.

Being a student, one thought that comes to mind are "young people" in nightclubs or just on nights out that take a picture of their friends and can have it printed straight after to take home and share rather than one person holding the images.

Most reactions

Back