Nikon S2

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All,

I just picked one up, a brand new unused in the original box with all the required nomenclature.

The Nikon S2 is still incoming due to the virus or else I would have it already...

Anybody has any experience with an S2, if so can you please share your thoughts...

Thank you in advance for your prompt replies.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Last edited:
In one of my photography classes in college a young woman had her father's old S2 this was in 1981 or 82 oh, and it was such a gorgeous camera.

In one of my photography classes in college a young woman had her father's old S2 this was in 1981 or 82 oh, and it was such a gorgeous camera.

@Derrel Agreed, cannot wait to get my hands on it.....

Stay Well - Best Regards,

Enezdez

I am wondering about a new in box camera from 1955 or so.... that sounds like it would be quite expensive and quite rare.

www.cameraquest.com might have some brand new Voigtlander lenses in Nikon rangefinder mount. If your camera is truly new, it would be a shame to actually use it and it would be far better to buy a user-grade camera for $379 to $500.

www.cameraquest.com might have some brand new Voigtlander lenses in Nikon rangefinder mount. If your camera is truly new, it would be a shame to actually use it and it would be far better to buy a user-grade camera for $379 to $500.

@Derrel Thanks for the info...Stay Well!

I usually do not take pictures of gear...but I did this one time...

"The Nikon S2 & S3 NOS..."
D850
f/13
ISO 500
1/125 Sec.
105 mm - f/2.8G

untitled-16-Edit-2.jpg

Cannot wait to put film through these beauties...hope they do not turn out all black........

Cheers,

Enezdez

Holy Crap! Those are sweet. What's your address?

Was it the S3 which was New Old Stock and new in box?

Wow! Just....wow!

@Derrel Thanks!

Holy Crap! Those are sweet. What's your address?

@jcdeboever They are sweet looking, cannot wait to put film through them......Leica was just out of my reach...

Was it the S3 which was New Old Stock and new in box?

@Derrel Actually both are brand new......

Now that the holiday is over...going to order film in the AM...Ilford HP5 Plus B&W - 50 pack...currently Tri-X apparently does not come by the brick anymore...

I just hope my first role doesn't end with all black negatives......

Cheers,

Enezdez

The S3 is a jewel! I acquired one some 15 years ago, privately from a collector and it is in pristine condition, I don’t think it was used for more than 5 rolls of film. It really looks and functions like brand spanking new. Should un-bury it from my collection and run a roll... Just a gorgeous machine!

Most reactions

Back