Nikon S3 Rangefinder Classic Film Camera - For Sale

Army11Bravo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm selling my Nikon S3 Rangefinder kit. It comes with 3 lenses, cases and the original owner's manual. It's listed on eBay. It's a great camera and would make a fine addition to someone's collection. -Tim
Rangefinder5.jpg

Nikon S3 Rangefinder Classic Film Camera

Here are some details-

Classic Nikon S3 Rangefinder 35mm Film Camera Kit

This is a classic Nikon S3 Rangefinder 35mm Film Camera with a chrome body, 35mm, 50mm & 105mm lenses and accessories. The camera came from the estate of the original owner who purchased the camera new in 1958. The camera, lenses, and leather covers are all Nikon/Nikkor brand originals that have been well cared for by the one owner. They have been kept in a dark, climate-controlled room with low humidity. The last known time they were used by the owner is over 10 years ago. The body shows normal use, light marks and bottom plate shows bright marks. The viewfinder is bright and works fine. Each lens is very clear with no fungus and little dust if any. The focus ring is smooth. Aperture blades work well.

The front lens cover is included. Leather case shows wear.

It is rare to see such a complete Rangefinder kit sold as a set on eBay.

Shipping is free and includes Insurance.

NIKON S3 Camera, SN 6302462 in a factory two piece leather case
NIKKOR-S 1:1.4 f = 5 cm (50mm) lens SN 412776 w/ front lens cover (installed on camera)
W-NIKKOR 1:2.5 f = 3.5 cm (35mm) lens SN 264743 w/ front & rear lens covers
NIKKOR-P 1:2.5 f = 10.5 cm (105mm) lens SN 922171 (no lens covers)
NIKON leather case for W-NIKKOR 35mm lens
NIKON Leather Case for NIKKOR-P 105mm lens
Original Nikon S3 Manual

Vintage NIKON S3 Rangefinder Camera Outfit

The basic functions of the camera (shutter operation @ range of film speeds, film winder, self timer) have been tested and found to be in working order, though the camera body does show signs of use. Lenses are clear - no scratches, haze or other imperfections. There appears to be no missing or broken parts.

This is an auction with a starting price of 99 cents. The reserve price is $1450.

Shipping is free and will be by insured USPS mail.

Rangefinder1.jpg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Please note: TPF requires that all listings have both images and a price. Please amend your listing to include a price or it will be removed.

I amended the original post. This is an auction with a starting price of 99 cents. Does this suffice?

This is an eBay auction with a starting price of 99 cents.
The problem is that if I win the auction with my bid of 99 cents, I will not meet your reserve price. What is your reserve price? If someone offered you the price you were looking for on here, would you sell it on here? Otherwise, it seems like an advertisement to me, rather than someone selling their item..

This is an eBay auction with a starting price of 99 cents.
The problem is that if I win the auction with my bid of 99 cents, I will not meet your reserve price. What is your reserve price? If someone offered you the price you were looking for on here, would you sell it on here? Otherwise, it seems like an advertisement to me, rather than someone selling their item..

The reserve price is $1450. That's the minimum I would take for the camera and lenses. I think it's worth far more than that and would prefer to have the auction go to completion. My intent of posting on The Photo Forum is just to alert any rangefinder enthusiasts the camera is up for sale. Thanks!

Good luck getting that much for it. Not to many sold at that price. With the wonderful glass, maybe you will. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back