Nikon SB-700 Focus Panel

poke08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I came across this Nikon sb-700 in what seems to be in good condition on craigslist for $50 (yes, FIFTY dollars) but it's missing the focus panel. I tried searching for a new one but no luck so far.

Does anyone know where I could purchase one? Also should I be worried about anything on the flash not working due to the focus panel not being on? I'll be going to pick it up later.

Thanks in advance!

50 bucks? Probably a piece of garbage.. Buy one from adorama, B&H, amazon, etc.

Who knows what else is wrong with it? You're going to have a hard time finding Nikon parts unless someone is selling them on eBay or similar; Nikon is VERY careful about who has access to their spares cupboard! I agree; walk on by!

I dunno...for $50 I'd be tempted to buy it and salvage the Fresnel lens off of a Goodwill junker and epoxy the new panel on there. I am assuming you mean the semi-transparent Fresnel lens that covers the flashtube.

I ended up picking it up since it was in great cosmetic condition minus the front focus panel thats missing. I also ended up buying a 42in 5 in 1 reflector & a portable black/white back drop for $40 and he threw in a couple light stands for free :thumbup:

I'd pass on this one.

Most reactions

Back