Nikon sb-r200 with D200

Trevor Harris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently use a sb-600 and an umbrella for doing portraits. I was thinking of an additional flash in the near future for adding contra light. A cheap option is the Nikon sb-r200. From what I've been reading it's a dedicated wireless flash - but it says for macro work. Why only macro? Anyway, I have a D200 and currently use commander mode to control my sb-600. I've read that the sb-r200 works with Nikon's CLS, but, on the page linked below, it says there is no commander feature. Is command mode and CLS something different? Can my D200 communicate with the sb-r200 natively? Thanks!

http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produ....html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-TechSpecs

Commander mode is a camera or speedlight feature of CLS.

The SB-R200 is a small, low power, no zoom flash unit designed for close-up (macro) work. It is designed to be attached to the front of a lens, not on the hot shoe. It has a long recycle time (6 seconds minimum) because it uses just one 3V CR123A lithium battery.

Here are 2 of the SB-R200 shown as part of the R1C1 setup for macro: R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System from Nikon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back