Nikon Shooter switching to Canon What Should I get?

Trapped by my investment in glass.

I find it interesting that you have 5k to spend and you think canon somehow has better image quality, but you are using two consumer Nikons. Yes, the equipment does matter. But at the top of the line in either canon or nikon, the differences are almost meaningless, except where Nikon is superior. Pick up a D3S or even a D700. The only reason that even remotely makes sense to switch would be if you were more interested in video than photography.

Nikon Shooter switching to Canon What Should I get?
:lmao: Weddings, fashion, commercial. All very technical. Having to ask what to get implies you don't yet really understand the technical aspects of doing photography.

$5000 isn't a great start, but it's a start. You'll need everything you've listed so far, plus at least one backup camera body. Get the 70-200 that has the IS.

What's your budget for the lighting and grip you'll need to shoot the fashion and commercial stuff?

You might want to also consider the 135mm f2L lens, I've heard great things about it, if that's a useful focal length to you.

In addition I doubt anyone has a full frame nikon and equivalent value canon equipment so any opinions stated here are most likely pure dogmatism.

Why would you want to switch to a different brand when you're already used to Nikkon's button and menu setup?

Really if you're switching to Canon, the first thing you should really do is to get a cool looking avatar like mine.

Is this a troll post? Are you serious? This has many of the makings for a wind-up post. New poster. Vague idea of what is needed. Big-time professional aspirations in three wildly different fields. A mere $5,000 budget. Something seems oddly amiss to me.

Most reactions

Back