Nikon speedlights...

DepthAfield

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone else in this forum found the user manual for Nikons SB-800 somewhat lacking? I’ve recently purchased two of those beasts along with a SB-600… I am frustrated as hell with the Nikon manuals for these flash units.

Are there any books/online resources available?

Thanks in advance...

DepthAfield said:
Has anyone else in this forum found the user manual for Nikons SB-800 somewhat lacking? I’ve recently purchased two of those beasts along with a SB-600… I am frustrated as hell with the Nikon manuals for these flash units.

Thanks in advance...

Yes me too. I have the 800 and 600. Took alot of "playing" and question asking.

DepthAfield said:

Thanks in advance...

What exactly are you having trouble with?

One of the best resources for information is the Nikonians web site at: www.nikonians.org They are not related to Nikon but obviously dedicated to it. Lots of great information is listed there along with extensive resources on how to stuff. Great forum for information on Nikon related products as well. There is one specifically for their speedlights.

I've found Nikon assumes you know all about how to setup and use the flash systems and just give basic info in their manuals.

kfoster said:
What exactly are you having trouble with?

I’m having difficulty re-creating decent exposures from one frame to the next. There seems to be a ton of magic happening with Nikon’s CLS… And I simply don’t understand it.

Airgunr...

Thanks for the link to the nikonian.org website, I’ll check it out.

Most reactions

Back