Nikon to Canon.. should I swap?

Nikon D4s or Canon 5Dmk3?

• Total voters
Thanks for everyones feedbacks.. sorry I've been so quiet - been super busy!

I think I need to reevaluate everything and dig a little deeper as to what I actually need, rather than going on what's a good camera for weddings.. considering I have as much invested in Nikon as I do. I had a look at the D4s today, and my god it's a beautiful thing.. will last me years too, but then, like you say, so would another camera , with money left over to spend on Glass.. and we all know Glass is where it's at.

I think I need to give my D800 another decent whirl.. and if not i need to perhaps have it looked at. I just find it awful in low light situations, the focus is off, takes a long time to focus, its just a slow camera. I need something that can focus asap.

You've answered a great question for me - thank you everyone :)

D800 is a studio camera through and through, also who needs 24mp?!

The a second hand-D3 or D3s will serve you well in any situation.

If you switch you will have to learn all the buttons again. You will then find a feature the Canon does not have that the Nikon does. When I comes to outright performance there is not that much in it. I had a few Canon cameras including a 5d and 1ds and 1d2. I downsized to m4/3 then decded I like dslrs for the feel so I thought go Nikon. I did.Am I happy, yes. Are they better than Canon, in some things, in others no.

By all means make the switch, but I'd bet after you re learn the modes and shortcuts and wish you had that feature you'll wonder why you bothered.

Switching from Nikon to Cannon or vice versa is similar to getting an devorce you know that it will not be cheap. Both make similar camera bodies but it is the glass that really matters in the end and both make good glass but is the switch worth the extra expense. I would look at my current lens selection see and if Nikon makes a body that I could live with until they introduce a new body.

IMHO, switching from the d700 to the d610 may drive you nuts on button placement. I'd recommend the d800 for the same layout so you don't have to relearn everything.

I tried the d700 once for a while. I loved the button placement. I bought a d600 but still prefer the layout of the d700. But my 2nd camera is a d7000 (crop, 7 thousand) and the button placement is relatively the same as the 600 .. so I'm still a happy camper either way.

but if you have the cash, the d4s is my dream camera, like the d4 was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back