Nikon vs Canon: The Rap

Solthar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a quick heads up about a sweet little video I just found.

Last edited by a moderator:

While those are an excellent read, I'm confused why they were so put off by the 5DII. If they were spending so much money getting a D3 anyway, why not a 1D or 1Ds?

There are two major brands of 35mm camera in the pro and prosumer camera market – Canon and Nikon. Yes, Pentax, Sony, Olympus and a couple of others have their niches, but Nikon and Canon between them share the majority of the marketplace. Both companies have loaner and rapid repair programs for pros, and rental houses around the world typically carry bodies and lenses of both brands, while rental facilities for the other brands are almost nonexistent.​
Economics being what it is, few photographers own both systems at the same time. A couple of bodies and a selection of pro-grade lenses runs between $10-$20,000, and once a decision and investment has been made few bother to switch, or if they do so it isn't more often than every decade or two. Also, brand loyalty comes into play because no one likes admitting that they may have made an inappropriate buying decision. We see this carried to its extreme with the adolescent fanboy attitudes displayed on some web forums and camera clubs in defense of one brand over another.​

Most reactions

New Topics

Back