Nikon vs. Canon

Reaction score
Website
www.ikandiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im sure this has been asked a million times, but Im a newbie so I am asking again =)
I am trying to make a decision between the Nikon D700 or the Canon 5D Mark ii. I'm looking for image quality and consistency (with and without flash) more so than anything and also low light shooting. I'm leaning towards the Nikon, but would like other views.
Thanks!

Funnily enough I've just been searching for high ISO noise comaprisons between the Nikon D3 and the Canon 5DmkII as I've seen some amazingly clean shots taken with the Nikon taken at ISO 3200. (Yes I know the Nikon is much more expensive.)

i kandi - you can try comparing the cameras image quality here: Welcome to dxomark.com (beta), a free resource dedicated to RAW-based camera image quality

...but that doesn't tell you much about consistency and real life situations.

Last edited:
Canon. But you could probably tell I would say that by my avatar... ;)

Seriously - I don't think it really matters. They both make great cameras.

Yes, the question is asked weekly. Don't take this the wrong way cause I don't mean for it to be snotty, but do you really need a pro grade camera if you don't even know enough about the brands to decide what you need? I just mean that most people are already loyal to a brand from previous cameras and equipment that they have built up by the time they get to the full frame cameras.

Do you not have any other equipment?

*edit: I see you have a website with professional services. What do you shoot with now and why would you change brands?

Well looking at your site I see you are already shooting. My question is which system are you already in lens wise. Both cameras perform close enough to each other that it comes down to which you are already using.

Hey cut the OP some slack. After all she is a Pentax user. She may not know the differences. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If you don't need the megapixels, go for Nikon. If you do, go for Canon.

If you don't need the megapixels, go for Nikon. If you do, go for Canon.

This is pretty much it... if shooting speed is your number one factor, then go with the Nikon, if high resolution is important, go with the Canon. All indications are that the ISO performance between the two is pretty much identical.

I use a D3 and I love it. It's great for low-light shooting and the detail I get from it is more than enough. My typical print size is 11x14 and the D3 is great. I've printed 20x30 before and the results were still good.

Most reactions

Back