Nikon vs. Canon

what type of subjects are going to be shooting

Let me preface this by saying that I generally respect your opinion and that I think you know what you're talking about...

Why does the subject matter? Is one brand better than another at certain subjects?

one of the employees at the camera store did mention that Nikon works best when shooting flash photography and low light situations. Not sure how true this is but that may answer the question from previous poster.

Well, in a way that was true, and in a way it was not. Nikon has CLS, which is better than Canon's offering, however, CLS has limitations that advanced photographers will run into eventualy and just go wireless off camera flash in manual control to get around.

I will say this... NEVER would I have before even considered putting my D200 to ISO 800 or 1600 so that I would not overwork the flashes. With the D700, I do this without a second thought. That 3-4 stop gain does tremendous things for me both from the point of view of battery life as well as extending artistic possibilities.

Ive heard, Canon is better for speed, and Nikon is better for color and ISO performance....
Of course this isn't necessarily fact or fiction... Just a comment :p

(Not a Nikon shooter)

What is CLS?

Nikon's CLS = Creative Lighting System, basically works with flashes and slaves, and ...oh it's too much to explain ..its just better to be a Nikon shooter lol
Agreed but all of the flash systems are far from perfect which is why I manually set my flash.

(Not a Nikon shooter)

What is CLS?

It's like Canon's wireless ETTL system where you can remotely control other flashes with a 580EX or an STE-2. It's more comprehensive though. Certain bodies (D80+(?)) have the ability to control the other lights instead of needing additional transmitters as well as being able to put the lights in manual and adjust the power settings from the camera. Pretty comprehensive, but it has it's limitations.

Nikon's CLS = Creative Lighting System, basically works with flashes and slaves, and ...oh it's too much to explain ..its just better to be a Nikon shooter lol

Unless you're not using Nikon speed lights. CLS doesn't do anything for any other lights.

one of the employees at the camera store did mention that Nikon works best when shooting flash photography and low light situations. Not sure how true this is but that may answer the question from previous poster.

Thats not what i have read of here in the UK 2 mags said the 5Dmk2 was better

Most reactions

Back