I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon Wildlife Adventure...Has anyone watched this show on TV? I have seen it a few times on the Animal Planet channel.

It is nice to have a show that deals with the art of photography however this show really gets on my nerves. First off, it's a blatant commercial for Nikon and Fuji Film. That I don't mind so much, even though I'm a Canon/Kodak user.

The basic format is that this guy (the host) gets a guide and a professional photographer and goes to some great places to get some wildlife shots. The host does not seem very knowledgeable and asks a lot of questions, which is good, but he is just so stupid that I want to kick something.

He seems convinced (or he's trying to convince us) that by using Nikon and Fuji products the pictures will automatically be of award winning quality. "I have my Nikon (high end model) on automatic mode and my velvia...I can't miss". One of the pros explained to him that he (the pro) was using one of the offset AF points to focus on the subject while applying the rule of thirds to the composition (good advice). The idiot host then tried to show us that by manually selecting an offset AF point on his Nikon he was automatically using the rule of thirds...as if the rule of thirds was just another function of his precious Nikon camera.

The name of the photography show that I really do like is...Wildlife Photographer. It's about an English fellow named Andy who is an extraordinary photographer. He really cares about the wild life too. One time he was shooting adolescent chimps in a facility/zoo type refuge. They were crawling all over him and trying to play with his expensive camera gear. He said that he probably shouldn't let them handle the camera & lens because they might break them but the experience of sharing it with them was more important. He said, if they get broken, oh well, much better than dropping it yourself or something like that.

The show is aired on Animal Planet. If you have the chance to see it, I highly recommend it.

Good story, Mike! I've heard of the first one, but not the second.

It has to be maddening to listen to that kind of drivel.
The idiot host then tried to show us that by manually selecting an offset AF point on his Nikon he was automatically using the rule of thirds...as if the rule of thirds was just another function of his precious Nikon camera.

But I admit that made me laugh out loud! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back