Nikon WT-3 wireless transmitter...

G@GPL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a Nikon D200, which i use for studio photography. I already have a wireless flash transmitter and it is great for losing the cables. I have come across the Nikon WT-3 wireless transmitter, and was wondering if anybody has any knowledge or experience on them. From what i read, you can shoot wireless to an FTP server. All the photography i do, is in a studio, and wanted to know if i can purely shoot to my Mac? It seems a pricey bit of kit, but will make life a hell of a lot easier (and tidier!) Is it Mac compatible? Before, i had an S3 pro Fuji, which i used to shoot live with. I used the standard program that came with the camera. The S3 is now dead, and so i have moved on to the D200.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Graham

:thumbup:

Talk about old thread revival.

I'm interested in this same technology for my Fuji S5.
Does anyone use it currently?
How invloved is the set-up?
Is it worth the money over a long term?

I think the shooting directly to an FTP account is sweet. I don't know how much I would use it though. I would mainly use it to transmitt my images directly to my desktop. I am assuming it operates very much like direct tetherring, but without the annoying cables to trip over.

I need some insight.

298 views, 295 before I posted, and not one post other than the OP and my two. Wow. So I suppose it's safe to assume noone has any idea about this product?

C'mon, there has got to be somebody here who has used one, or knows someone who has used one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back