spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I need some help on purchasing a digital camera for a friend who turns 30 this year...
She wants a digital camera, and owns already an analog nikon (don't know which one) with some lenses.

As I am more familiar with Canon, I would like to know which camera would be ok to buy.
Her whole family and friends will contribute so I don't exactly know about the price range, but I would think it should be around the same value and quality as a Canon 350D or Canon 20D.

Could anyone please give me some tipps ?

Thank you! :)

Although the 350D and 20D are both wonderful cameras, it might be worth checking what lenses she has for Nikon fit and what type they are. If they're relatively modern and good lenses, then the justification for a Nikon is probably slightly higher.

Ask her which she wants - presumably it isn't a surprise, as the only difference between Nikon and Canon is personal preference and equipment owned already.

Rob

Well I think I didn't explain right.

I know she wants to stick with nikon (because of her lenses), but as I don't know what model of nikon is about in the same range as the Canon 350D or 20D/30D I would like some advice.
She is a hobby Photographer and a similar model to the above mentioned Canon cameras would suit her well!

So if anyone could help me pick the right nikon camera I would apprecate it

Thank you!

the nikon d50 and/or d70s are in the price range of the 350d (d50 is slightly less, d70s is slightly more), and are great consumer bodies. If she wants a more prosumer camera she should check into the d200 (slightly more than 30d), it is a fantastic body. if she is a hobby photographer then a d70s or a d50 would suit her well IMO.

thebeginning said:
the nikon d50 and/or d70s are in the price range of the 350d (d50 is slightly less, d70s is slightly more), and are great consumer bodies. If she wants a more prosumer camera she should check into the d200 (slightly more than 30d), it is a fantastic body. if she is a hobby photographer then a d70s or a d50 would suit her well IMO.

yep the D50 is evenly matched to the 350D,....... and the D70s to the 20D.... she should be happy with either choice :thumbup:

Archangel is correct in equating the models. Even most of the older manual Nikon lenses should work on the new DSLR's from Nikon. You just won't get some of the functions that the camera is capable of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back