Nikons ViewNX or CaptureNX or pse7

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
would this be better than camera raw in pse7. ive read on my other post that nikons will keep the in camera setings in the raw file such as sharpness, contrast etc. For some reason my software didnt want to load off the CD. can i download this and would it be better than using camera raw?

If Photoshop Essentials has camera raw, just download the Nikon "camera profiles" and Adobe will do a pretty damn good job of applying your incamera rendering.

thats very interesting. if i use this when i open camera raw will the nikon software auto kick in and make the image nice? or do i open it with the nikon software then camera raw?

Nikon Capture NX is THE best application for working with .NEF images, however, it's clunky, memory-intensive and not at all intuiative. If you already have a copy, great, by all means, use it, but if you don't I wouldn't rush out and buy one until you're more experienced in post-processing. PSE will do just fine.

ive d loaded the camera profiles, no icon has appeared...does this just run auto when i open the camera raw image in pse?

ok ive now seen something else....do i select camera profiles in camera raw then choose from the drop down?? ive downloaded it but thinking about it those features may have ben there b4......
if this is what you guys r talking about then how do i know which profile to choose for the photo?

thanks for your help....im away for 2 weeks now and not much internet connection so want to try and understand this b4 i go

not to steal this thread, but I have Photoshop 7. How would I go about coverting .nef files to Raw, so I can open them and PP them in Photoshop 7?

I'm looking for something free, if possible.

Thanks

just open pse7, file open, then select the NEF file, nef is nikons name for RAW, it will open in a program called camera raw, do what you need to do then click open image and it will open in editor
im still looking for tips on this nikon profile stuff, ie what i need to choose, ive got examples like beta 1, 2 etc etc

just open pse7, file open, then select the NEF file, nef is nikons name for RAW, it will open in a program called camera raw, do what you need to do then click open image and it will open in editor
im still looking for tips on this nikon profile stuff, ie what i need to choose, ive got examples like beta 1, 2 etc etc

I don't have PSE7, I have regular Photoshop 7. I don't have the open to open .nef format. I have the option to open .raw formats however. Thanks for the response though.

nef is raw. dunno why u cant open u shoudl be able to open editor then file open, select the thumbnail nef file etc if its like pse

There is an official Camera Raw update. I've got Camera Raw 5.2. Find that one, and install it. It will automatically load the Camera Profile for your raw file based on the camera. For example mine says "Camera Raw 5.2 - Nikon d300" in the upper left corner, and will give me all the Camera Profiles I have on my camera to make sure what I saw on my camera is what I get.

so that opens auto when camera raw opens? i couldnt seem to find the software i had downloaed earlier but just found various settings in the cam profile icon in cam raw

so that opens auto when camera raw opens? i couldnt seem to find the software i had downloaed earlier but just found various settings in the cam profile icon in cam raw

There is no added software. Camera Raw is integrated into Photoshop and Bridge. The update just updates Camera Raw support for newer files and adds the Camera Profiles option. You need to click on the CAMERA in Camera Raw (Camera Calibration) and it will give you those options you seek.

loaded it and opened cam raw, clicked cam icon but cant see any mention of the d40 etc

what im actually asking is should i see d40 on the drop list?

Most reactions

Back