Nine One One Anyone...

bartholomew_b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear Friends,

I hope everyone is enjoying their day, wherever that might be. First let me say this, this is not advertisement by no means. I just need honest opinion feedback. My goal is to give 110% effort to my clientele.

I plan to photograph family events such as: on-location portraiture, baptisms and eventually weddings. I do have one body 7D great little camera, but not a stellar fighter in low light.

I do have very good collection of lenses, mostly for a full-frame camera, few primes, except the nifty fifty which I will definitely get.

Question # 1: for the main camera what would make more sense to you for the long haul? Canon 6D or Canon 5D Mark III ?

Question #2: this is a big one, please visit my site take a look at two events that I did on Pro Bono bases in exchange for experience. Dilemma, I have no idea as what to charge for my work, I guess I'm not sure what I'm worth
icon_smile.gif
. Below you will find a link to my website.

abphotograph | Formals

http://www.abphotograph.com

Thank you for your time,

Long haul means buy the better, more-capable device and use it for 'the long haul', so the 6D is out. Canon's 5D Mark III is a wonderfully engineered camera with excellent performance; the first time I held on I liked its fit,feel,finish, and control layout. It's more like a Nikon than any Canon...Canon even moved the DOF preview to the location Nikon has had it for over 50 years. They have imitated Nikon's FUNC button concept as well, and have in many ways produced what I think is one of the finest d-slr designs ever made, and I could see it being used for six, seven, or eight years with no worries.

I went to your site. Technically you seem adequate, but I do think you could study composition a bit, and work on shooting some vertical shots in some cases where the standard horizontal holding of the camera does not really work out for the best. Your image processing skills seem okay.You are on equal footing with thousands of beginning professional shooters. I have no idea of your cost of doing business. The general trend is to undercharge, so whatever you think you are worth...probably double that.

Thank you for your feed back, and most importantly that I fit in with beginning professional shooters. I have several book that I'm actually reading on composition, it's just a matter of getting out there and practicing. Once again thanks for your time.

I think if you plan to do work in photography that seems to bring an obligation and ability to provide professional quality work consistently. There's more to being in business in photography than having a name and logo and website - you need to work on developing photography skills and on how to set yourself up in business.

You seem to have potential to do this but your photos look like you've done more with processing and special effects than on framing and composing photos (I feel like I'm noticing the effects like vignetting more than I'm actually looking at the pictures). Getting good at this takes a lot of practice.

There are resources on professional photographers organizations' websites like ASMP and PPA. To learn compostion if you don't have an art background you could look up Elements of composition in art (instead of photography) and get some resources on learning about how to use shape, line, space, color, form, etc.

I don't think photography is something that's exactly learned overnight; you'd probably benefit from getting really good at what you're doing so you don't set yourself up for failure.

Sharon,

Thank you so much for your input, and I could not agree more it's about the element of art,expression and providing quality of work constantly. The ability to overcome and adopt to different situations, and this can only be done with practice (trigger time), and not spray and shoot, but carefully composed images. I will look at the resources you have provided and go from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back