Nirvana.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or just another boring sunset. The sky was amazing. I hope I captured it well.

9528608180_c98b9b7f67_c.jpg
[/URL] Nirvana by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like that very much, very simple but still a beautiful picture.

Yeah, the people really give a sense of scale. Nice placement of the shoreline wave.

Nit-nit-nit pick...sorry, 47 days of rain all cooped up makes one a bit on the bonkers side and do all kinds of odd things to other people's work...and it is raining right now at the rate of about an inch an hour.

Anyway, back to the nit. The sun is at about a 20 degree angle to the horizon and you shot this at about a 45 degree angle and when you transect the angles, it is nearly impossible to get that much silhouette in the people or the shorebreak. The people are a bit easier to call that way because they have so little mass compared to their surroundings, but the wave has both mass and a more important factor called: translucency; and yours had none. So, I added some.

$9528351701_02ddacc196_o.jpg

Nit-nit-nit pick...sorry, 47 days of rain all cooped up makes one a bit on the bonkers side and do all kinds of odd things to other people's work...and it is raining right now at the rate of about an inch an hour.

Anyway, back to the nit. The sun is at about a 20 degree angle to the horizon and you shot this at about a 45 degree angle and when you transect the angles, it is nearly impossible to get that much silhouette in the people or the shorebreak. The people are a bit easier to call that way because they have so little mass compared to their surroundings, but the wave has both mass and a more important factor called: translucency; and yours had none. So, I added some.

View attachment 52918

Err...okay?

I don't think it changes the impact of the image one iota. I think it actually enhances the "believability" of the shot, color, etc. Then again, I believe in UFO's so my take may be a little slanted.

Good job Jdubs. Very nice.

This kind of shot, show me what I need to strive for. Good capture. Ed

Very nice. As others have mentions, the figures in the foreground make it. Another aspect that's barely seen but, I think, important, is that there's a pretty strong tonal gradation from light to dark as you proceed diagonally from upper left to lower right. That happened naturally here, I assume, but it's a good thing to look out for and to consider enhancing when you've got it.

I think if the people were more pronounced, this would be a great shot. Wish that wave didn't interfere...

I think if the people were more pronounced, this would be a great shot. Wish that wave didn't interfere...

This was my first impression, too. But I like the photo for its warmth and exposure.

Most reactions

Back