D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend saw a trip around thee lands and before we headed home we stopped off at the beach, it was busy as you can see from the pier, but I threw on the ND1000 with thee 6 stop CPL and fired off a quick 8 and half minutes of sea..

C&C welcomed..

8_Minutes_By_The_Pier.jpg

I really want to like this because of the rich colors and textures, but the pier and rocks are competing with each other for attention.

I really want to like this because of the rich colors and textures, but the pier and rocks are competing with each other for attention.

Ahh, Not something I'd thought, the other shots were more focused on the pier itself but I got a little annoyed because of the people and even with 8plus minutes the ghosts remained, I didn't;t really wanna shoot for 30 minutes or an hour per shot as we had as lot of travel ahead. Personally for me I wanted this as is, the rocks covering with and just breaking the pier.. Maybe it's a bit complex for what could have been a simple composition, maybe I didn't hit it as I hoped but I guess at least I like it :).

Appreciate the input !

Maybe it's a bit complex for what could have been a simple composition, maybe I didn't hit it as I hoped but I guess at least I like it :).

In the end that's all that really matters!!!:allteeth:

I'm still learning with the filters for sure, And it was insane to shoot at ISO125 & F/11 for 654 seconds at more or less noon! I usually shoot at ISO64 but I don't think the better half would have waited around for that long :D

I'm still learning with the filters for sure, And it was insane to shoot at ISO125 & F/11 for 654 seconds at more or less noon! I usually shoot at ISO64 but I don't think the better half would have waited around for that long :D

I have one of those!! After almost 40 years I've learned to judge how much time I have left by the frequency with which she shifts weight from one foot to the other. :biggrin-93:

Cool pic but as with most time lapse pics, certain things look surreal and sort of cartoonish, like with a 4k TV.

Cool pic but as with most time lapse pics, certain things look surreal and sort of cartoonish, like with a 4k TV.

Time lapse? Long exposure... this is an 8:30 sec single shot...

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

love the colors and the clear still water, but the out of focus pier keeps bugging me, the ghosts on the pier i kind of like but would have been much better if you set your tripod higher and back a little just enough for you to get everything in focus and also so that rock does not block off part of the pier, but man those colors are awesome

Reactions: D7K

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..
DERP! Silly me! Apparently I used the wrong term. I meant long exposure. Regardless the term, it appears that way.

DERP! Silly me! Apparently I used the wrong term. I meant long exposure. Regardless the term, it appears that way.

Eh I wasn’t having a dig, just thought you meant time lapse. Either way, strokes for folks, appreciate the comments.

Eh I wasn’t having a dig, just thought you meant time lapse. Either way, strokes for folks, appreciate the comments.
NP! I know you weren't. Don't sweat it.

Reactions: D7K

I have one of those!! After almost 40 years I've learned to judge how much time I have left by the frequency with which she shifts weight from one foot to the other. :biggrin-93:

I had to learn to drive so I could go shooting as talk of sunrise and sunset shoots got 'that look' from the wife. Clue: Unlike the ABC song, it wasn't 'the look of love'

I had to learn to drive so I could go shooting as talk of sunrise and sunset shoots got 'that look' from the wife. Clue: Unlike the ABC song, it wasn't 'the look of love'
The trick is to come back from a shoot with chocolates, flowers or diamonds, hee-hee!

Most reactions

Back