NO LONGER MADE IN JAPAN!!!!!

The reason companies go to China for manufacturing right now is because they can produce the same quality products as other nations at a reduced cost.

How is that possible? Simple: cheap labor.

Cheap labor means cheaper raw materials, cheaper overhead, cheaper everything. To assume they can't produce quality products when the vast majority of the major electronics manufacturers use Chinese resources at some level is kind of silly.

As I mentioned, few would argue Apple products are poorly made or suffer from poor quality control. As a matter of fact, the opposite is true. Apple is constantly held up as an example of high quality products... and just about everything they sell is made in China.

Sure, there are crappy manufacturers in China just like there are crappy manufacturers in every nation. But to assume all Chinese manufacturing is poor is exceptionally naive.

So I was just reading the bottom of my D70.

Nikon Corp., Japan......Made in Thailand.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

So I was just reading the bottom of my D70.

Nikon Corp., Japan......Made in Thailand.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, Nikon does a lot of manufacturing in Thailand. But I doubt you think of your D70 as being low quality. I think everyone here would agree the D70 is considered a well made camera. They also make lenses in Thailand I believe. Who here thinks Nikkor glass is low quality? :)

The reason companies go to China for manufacturing right now is because they can produce the same quality products as other nations at a reduced cost.

How is that possible? Simple: cheap labor.

Cheap labor means cheaper raw materials, cheaper overhead, cheaper everything. To assume they can't produce quality products when the vast majority of the major electronics manufacturers use Chinese resources at some level is kind of silly.

As I mentioned, few would argue Apple products are poorly made or suffer from poor quality control. As a matter of fact, the opposite is true. Apple is constantly held up as an example of high quality products... and just about everything they sell is made in China.

Sure, there are crappy manufacturers in China just like there are crappy manufacturers in every nation. But to assume all Chinese manufacturing is poor is exceptionally naive.

I agree 100%.

It is not where it is made, it is what the company want to make.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back