No more camera?

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scared the crap out of me. Not too often my camera gets into anyone elses hands but mine. Out with the family, and my sister takes a pic of me, my wife and son. She hands back the camera, after one shot, I try to turn off the camera and "System Error" shows up on the LCD screen and the lens will not retract. I get the camera home, try to plug it in and when it powers up, same message. The camera is on, well kinda, so I try to remove the pics to my PC. No go, starting to get pissed. :evil:
(Not sure if it was because the camera was pointed at me that it broke? :confused: )

I get on the internet, I am man, I can find everything. :) Find where others(a few) have had the same problem(FZ-10 by the way). The most common answer I found was to turn on the camera, wait till it powers up, and then turn it off, pushing "gently" on the lens. Sounds like a real high tech fix. It worked. :er:

Imagine, six posts from 1,000 and no camera, the thought worried me. Of course I had to get out and make sure this gadget still works. All is well, other than my lack of imagination for photos, the camera still gets what at click at.

Managed to get a couple I like, and decided to post them for #1000. Ducks can be easy to find, but I dont see, or take many of the female mallard. The male seem to get all the press with the colours.

There is my sappy long winded post for a grand. I am so happy the camera still works.

55679937.jpg

2486a4b7.jpg

Picksure said:
...I get on the internet, I am man, I can find everything. :)
Hey you... Man. Grunt Grunt Grunt. Grunt grunt. :D
Congratulations on 1000 or should I say Congruntulations... ok sorry that was corny.

Picksure at 1000!?!?!? Hey!
And still with camera. That's about the best piece of news.

Partytime!

060.gif

To the next 1000!
d020.gif

060.gif

hah congrats on fixing your cam! :) and on your 1000 post too ::D

Congrads on the 1000. Good pictures also, love the light and tone on the female mallard.

Keep on posting buddy. :camera: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the 1000 and the still functioning camera :)

There is no way I would have stuck around to hit #1000, if it weren't for the people here.

insert :highfive: smiley here

Thanks for putting up with me. ;)

congrats on the milestone and two awesome shots! glad you're here John!

Most reactions

Back