No more new nikon film cameras?

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know where i can get a N55 film camera new? I havn't been to the physical stores to see if they have any left, but nikon stopped making all film cameras but the F5 and my girlfriend wants a nikon cause i have lenses for a nikon.

The only film camera currently made by Nikon is the F6. For a Nikon N55 you will have to buy used. Alternatively, there is a refurbished one for sale on Adorama's website.

Why do you want a N55 specifically? There are lots of used Nikons out there in excellent condition for decent prices.

For Manual ones I would look at:
FM2n
FE2
FA
FM3a

For Auto ones I'd be looking at:
F100
F4
F5 (outstanding camera!)
F6

If your in the US www.keh.com has a good selection of used cameras and are pretty accurate in their ratings of condition. I'm sure they would ship overseas if needed. They would be a good source for all of these as well as the N55.

Why anyone likes shooting with an F4 is beyond me.

Why anyone likes shooting with an F4 is beyond me.

Other than the fact they eat batteries, are heavy, eat batteries, are clunky, and eat batteries, they will full matrix meter with AI any AI/S MF lenses I don't know why.

Mortallis, you can buy an F55 or any other Nikon film SLR used... and there's really no advantage in buying new. Honestly, none I can think of, unless you really want a box. Even if you found someone selling a new F55, you could get something much more impressive like an F100 hardly used for the same price.

Most reactions

Back