No More Website...

Jump forward a few weeks:

Well, I was hired to shoot a regional youth football tournament that took place this weekend. The guy who hired me looked at my website before it went buh-bye. He told me at dinner last night that, had he not seen my website, he never would've hired me. He wasn't interested in looking at Flickr or Fine Art America or 500pix. He wanted a website that had my name on it.

Yeah, if I were a client, I'd feel more comfortable with this as well. Sure you might do all your other sales through other marketing opportunities, but it is nice to have a space of your own; even if it doesn't generate direct sales.

Jump forward a few weeks:

Well, I was hired to shoot a regional youth football tournament that took place this weekend. The guy who hired me looked at my website before it went buh-bye. He told me at dinner last night that, had he not seen my website, he never would've hired me. He wasn't interested in looking at Flickr or Fine Art America or 500pix. He wanted a website that had my name on it.

Yeah, if I were a client, I'd feel more comfortable with this as well. Sure you might do all your other sales through other marketing opportunities, but it is nice to have a space of your own; even if it doesn't generate direct sales.

Yeah, someone earlier recommended Weebly. I checked it out and, for someone like me, it's perfect. I'm not a "website guy". I need "drag and drop". I need the Playskool version of website building. I need simplicity, and Weebly has that. I'd been using Wix for my old site (which was flash), and Weebly is about 1/5th the cost (I was using an upgade on Wix). Considering that I know I like to see someone's name on a website, a few dollars a month is an easy sell for me.

Of course, I was up until 4:00 this morning working on the damn thing, but that's part of the fun... Right?

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Koken is another interesting easy/cheap portfolio solution. I'd think of your own personal site more of a business card with contact info, examples of works, and exposure whereas you can continue doing sales through your other venues.[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back