No More Website...

But, is the quality really that much more worth it for what you're paying? I've seen some fantastic sites linked through a wordpress or something that cost a third of what he's paying.

Well it all depends. Are you paying for just a name and a spot, ok than $150 is high. But if you are paying for a lot of storage and design work than $150 is chump change.

It really depends on what he wants. It doesn't matter if your website shoots fireworks out of the screen every time you visit- if it's not working, it's not working.

BS. Blaming a website for your lack of business is like blaming a hammer for building a ****ty house. Both are tools and both are at the control of the user.

For all we know his work could suck, the market could be saturated in his area etc...

At the end of a day a ****ty product will sell if it's marketed well enough. Think Mcdonalds, Justin Bieber, Canon etc...

I'd be interested in hearing from any actual small business owners who are generating business from a web site.

My "real" job is owning/operating an insurance agency with Farmers Insurance. I get a healthy percentage of my organic leads directly through my website and social media channels.

I'd be interested in hearing from any actual small business owners who are generating business from a web site.

My "real" job is owning/operating an insurance agency with Farmers Insurance. I get a healthy percentage of my organic leads directly through my website and social media channels.

where do you get your inorganic leads from?

oh. i was gonna say outer space, but your answer makes more sense. kinda.

Search engines go through sites looking for new content. When it finds new content it is scanned for keywords that are unique. These words are used to generate indexing for future searches.

Basically think man vs. machines.

oh. i was gonna say outer space, but your answer makes more sense. kinda.

Search engines go through sites looking for new content. When it finds new content it is scanned for keywords that are unique. These words are used to generate indexing for future searches.

Basically think man vs. machines.

oh yea! i know this one...
a machine from the future goes back in time to warn you that your website sucked and didn't generate enough revenue to sustain your business, which collapsed causing a global financial meltdown plunging all countries into a massive depression. So the machine that went back in time gives you the secret meta-code for the perfect SEO, therefor averting global disaster and saving mankind.

I totally know pretty much nothing about all this techy stuff.

oh yea! i know this one... a machine from the future goes back in time to warn you that your website sucked and didn't generate enough revenue to sustain your business, which collapsed causing a global financial meltdown plunging all countries into a massive depression. So the machine that went back in time gives you the secret meta-code for the perfect SEO, therefor averting global disaster and saving mankind. I totally know pretty much nothing about all this techy stuff.

You just described in perfect detail Googles 5 year business plan.

I think Runnah has the right Avatar for this thread. Is there one of him pulling his hair out in his next one?
Sorry, I have nothing to add to the discussion as am a techno newb.
However, if OP isn't generating any revenue from it, why miss it? Just up the avenues he is getting income from?
Newb, Nancy

With the exception of the print ads and pay per click their only investment has been time.

So they don't pay you for your services?

Where do I sign up for that?

:)

Well of course my time isn't free. But I've worked for goods for goods types of deals before which are fantastic. I build you a site and you build me a cabinet.

I have not paid renewal fee of zenfolio. Even though I give the high res to my wedding clients, guests still buy $8 4x6s :).

Anyway, a website is more like a validation that I am in fact a professional. Nobody is going to pay me my rate if I did not have a website. I think you should keep it.

I have not paid renewal fee of zenfolio. Even though I give the high res to my wedding clients, guests still buy $8 4x6s :).

Anyway, a website is more like a validation that I am in fact a professional. Nobody is going to pay me my rate if I did not have a website. I think you should keep it.

as he mentioned before...he DOES have a website still. two more of them i think, one being his fine arts page. the Wix page was just one of a few he has.

But, is the quality really that much more worth it for what you're paying? I've seen some fantastic sites linked through a wordpress or something that cost a third of what he's paying.

Well it all depends. Are you paying for just a name and a spot, ok than $150 is high. But if you are paying for a lot of storage and design work than $150 is chump change.

Believe me, there wasn't a whole lot of "design" to it.

Had an assload of storage, though...

Most reactions

Back