No Ospreys for a change

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Figured I was due for a post without any of my favorite raptors.. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

1 American Mink - very close and almost no DOF
American Mink 8_18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 Little Blue Heron
Little Blue Heron 8_18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Tern 8_17 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 These swallows have been grabbing swan feathers and playing catch me if you can games..
Swallow and Feather 1 8_18 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 Pink sky at night...
Great Egret at sunset 1 8_17 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Snowy Egret 8_17 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Wonderful job! Really like the mink and capturing swallows playing is very tough.

Beautiful! Especially the last for me.

No Ospreys, no problem :icon_thumbsup: . These will do just fine. I really like that mink - those eyes and the expression on its face - just great - a wall hanger for sure.

I also like #6, but I think I might have cropped it a little closer, not much, just a bit, but then those sort of things are always a personal choice. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Wonderful job! Really like the mink and capturing swallows playing is very tough.
I will agree with the above about the mink shot at 500mm with a crop sensor (800mm). VERY COOL.
Thanks! The minks are around, but they normally stay pretty well hidden. I was shooting down at him on a causeway and had some pretty harsh light coming in from the right.
Beautiful! Especially the last for me.
Thank you sire..
No Ospreys, no problem :icon_thumbsup: . These will do just fine. I really like that mink - those eyes and the expression on its face - just great - a wall hanger for sure.
I also like #6, but I think I might have cropped it a little closer, not much, just a bit, but then those sort of things are always a personal choice. :biggrin-93:
WesternGuy
I originally had it cropped a little tighter, but I felt the light and colors were a big part of this picture and the tighter crop kind of lost some of that effect. The light was reflecting off some reeds behind the egret giving it an almost "center stage" type effect. I must thank you though, when I went back to check the image I realized I forget to upload one of my favorite ones from the series...

Egret 8_17 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Wow! That egret thinks it's a dog.

Loved the series and the expression on the mink? Priceless!
Thank you for sharing these beauts.
Ps. Just perused what Tamron had to say about you and it made for one heck of a read. :)

So exactly what is that crazy egret doing? Looks like it is trying to swallow something that doesn't fit. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back