No Parking Any Time

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20150111_00364-XL.jpg

Except for Bicycles! :)

There is not much to work with here but you do have a lot of "lost" space. Keep trying though... I thought I would crop it for ya and make something out of nothing but it still is not much content.... It is a bike with a crooked sign and there is nothing fantastic to see. Try finding unique things and angles, That would be my opinion for a start... I am new too and sometimes I photograph boring stuff but it is trial by error to make a decent photo.... at least that is what I am learning.. I did not see the do not edit, my apologies and I cannot find where to delete... ahhhh found the delete...

Last edited:
Curious what you saw here that you wanted to get across

Curious what you saw here that you wanted to get across
I am guessing a bike and a sign along with a brick wall. It is obvious Lilly, He is trying to take photos and just like me trying to find content.

There's something very off putting about this. The sign is crooked right? Or is the street and building slanted and the sign straight up and down?

Thanks for the comments.
It's just a somewhat minimalist scene. I can appreciate the lack of appeal this has, but I find it interesting.
Thanks again.

the bike has no shadow. it's a ghost!

I like the idea - I've done something similar. I think there's just too much wall, as James pointed out. I'd like to see it cropped just to the left of the sign's shadow.

I can appreciate the photograph as is, but I worry about other things:

Is the text on the sign grammatically correct?

What is casting those sharp-edged shadows on the right?

Is the bicycle parked, or not?

Is parking not allowed on the sidewalk either?

I like the concept... I love the fact you have what looks like a secret door in the scene....

okay. I like this one. The sign seems to be missing part of its shadow. The bike i dont see the shadow. The bottom shadow on the wall leads to the bike. The dead space in the frame gives me little to look at but going back to the bike. It is somewhat minimalist. But for some reason i find myself staring at it and find it appealing. The other shadows on the wall too, i find myself staring at them trying to make sense of them wondering what they are. I think the fact i stared at it for a minute instead of a two second click says something. And i like the bike. It makes me think and seems like something is a little "off". So i really like this.

Interesting. It has the makings of a good minimalist image, but I think the bike and sign are too much for one to hold. The left side of this, just beyond the bike, works better as minimalism, and about the right half of it works as a street scene with good graphic appeal. Just my two cents ...

Most reactions

Back