no, really, it's not drool

clemeys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I really like this shot of my baby brother. This is my style, those fly on wall catches. What to do about the water runnin' off his chin? Leave it, ps out - how?

Y'alls thoughts / comments / suggestiosn greatly appreciated!
6291-014_10_0001.JPG

Haha, great shot... but you're right, it does look like drool. I would PS it out. If you're asking how, it's a pretty simple clone-tool job.

Ah, yes--I see what you mean. I was expecting a baby pic by the title but he's no baby! LOL! Nice-looking young man. And yes, make the "not-drool" go away in PS. It just takes away.

Can't but agree with everyone here.
If I were him, this "no-drool" that, however, needs this explanation, would ruin an otherwise perfect candid portrait of myself and I'd hate it for that.
Would love it otherwise (he would have all reason to love this, light, colours and his smile are all very pleasing!) ... so "do the otherwise" ;).

Furthermore... the "not drool" looks pretty slimey. Have there been any tests to confirm it's truly...not drool? :lmao:

LOL. Sorry, it's early, I'm tired.

6291-micah.jpg
...141000019rm.jpg
" i ps'ed the water drool outa the picture... i used the clone tool with a soft hardness to make the cloning less noticable"
~JeLeAk

Thanks, I don't know how to use PS....yet.

Anybody have any comments on composition? Is it ok that his right arm is cuttoff? :thumbdown: :thumbup:

Well, this very clearly is a "moment-in-time" portrait. Nothing that you could plan through and through beforehand. Isn't it?
Therefore I think it is a bit unfair to this sort of photo to critique composition and things.
I would normally also like to see more room in the photo for the gaze of the person than behind the person, which is not given here. But this one looks like he was unaware of you there taking his portrait. And like you used a nice moment.
Which has brought about a very natural - and now, drool-less - very open, friendly, nice picture of your little brother.

dang, pretty boy...
i kinda like both....as a sister to three brothers, any shot i could get of them messed up in any way, i would keep..and blow up to an 11 x 14 and hang in my parents house, just to irritate them...
but in all honesty, i love the after "fix" shot too....i just like the "caught you" shot of him... just a special moment in time... i think you did a great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back