No serial # on lens for insurance???

Texas Parrothead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am getting an insurance rider on my camera equipment through State Farm that will protect me against anything stupid that could happen. If my 2 year old poors a glass of milk over my equipment, if I drop it, if I leave it in a mens room at the airport and never see my beloved toys again.....you know....anything.

I need to provide serial #'s for everything and can not find the serial number for the Nikkor 18-135mm kit lens that came with my D80???? Do they not put serial #'s on kit lenses????

Plus is anyone else using someone other that State farm for this type of insurance?

Thanks to all in advance!

Keep looking. It's there somewhere on the outside of the lens body near the mount flange end of the lens.

I don't have that particular lens, but finding the SN# on my 24-85 is always a challenge.

It should be on the bottom of the lens (if your lens is attached to the camera). It should say Nikon, then all the DX/VR garb, then "Made in Thailand" or Japan, then there's a little plastic strip stuck onto it with an 8-digit number - that's the serial number.

EDIT: Bah, it's easier to post a photo of mine, this is the 18-55mm kit lens, but I assume the serial number is in the same place on all of them. the 142... is the serial number.:

It should be on the bottom of the lens (if your lens is attached to the camera). It should say Nikon, then all the DX/VR garb, then "Made in Thailand" or Japan, then there's a little plastic strip stuck onto it with an 8-digit number - that's the serial number.

EDIT: Bah, it's easier to post a photo of mine, this is the 18-55mm kit lens, but I assume the serial number is in the same place on all of them. the 142... is the serial number.:

Thanks!

That is where I found the serial numbers for my other lenses. There just isn't one there for my kit lens. i will look again tonight once I get home but I looked pretty good last evening.

Thanks all.

Thanks!

That is where I found the serial numbers for my other lenses. There just isn't one there for my kit lens. i will look again tonight once I get home but I looked pretty good last evening.

Thanks all.

Is there a space for it? I mean, an indentation where the sticker should be? Maybe it's come off at some point in its lifetime. The serial number should also be on the box, if you still have it.

Thanks!

Thanks all.

Is there a space for it? I mean, an indentation where the sticker should be? Maybe it's come off at some point in its lifetime. The serial number should also be on the box, if you still have it.

Good point....there is no indentation either.

Thanks for the help!

It's there. Don't look for a sticker--look for very small, about 6 point type, indented. It's easy to miss. It's stamped.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back