No Service (C&C Please)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As you can tell by this photo (outside my efficiency apartment) I receive no cable nor internet...
IMG_3875_remixed.jpg

It's a good thing we're not here to critique the cable connections...Being in the cable industry I would have to be a little harsh on those!

Cobwebs and someone painted them (inside and out). Wonder if I would even get a good connection.

Depends on the type of paint. Most likely you'd get virtually no connection at all.

If they are live and in a reasonable location, I would connect a cable and try them out. You have nothing to lose. The cable certainly looks sufficiently thick to carry a good signal.

skieur

The focal point gives the photo a centered composition, which is sometimes ok... not sure on this one though. I played with it in my mind's eye and I can't think of a better crop.

I think it's pretty decent other than that, I might try to darken the shadows a bit, not sure on that either though.

Sorry not very helpful lol

Hmm I am going to agree with reznap here. I with the crop was a bit different, the center for me just isn't doing much. I like the idea of the image, the execution could use a bit more thought maybe?

You would get a signal, RF Flows like water, albeit not the greatest one. Anyone who hooks that up would just clip them off and put a new F Connector on. But those are the cables going in your apartment, so you would get squat by hooking up to them.

I'll go take another photo of that later (I mean its right outside my apartment for crying-out-loud). I like the graininess idea, especially considering the condition of those connectors...Its kind of a tight fit with everything around, it was difficult to find a position where most everything else was out of the photo...now that I re-look at the photo...I don't like the centered position either. Thank you for the help and the insights...much appreciated!

So this is a different crop of the same photo with a "aged" effect added...came up with it this morning...so it hasn't "aged" long...

IMG_3875_remixedagain.jpg

C&C per req:

I'm on the verge of REALLY liking this image in a futuristic sort of way, but I feel it's missing a little something. Perhaps a tigher crop on the two connectors from a position slightly farther camera left, and maybe a bit more lighting? Say a reflector from below to get some (not a lot, but some) light into the connectors and on the UR part of the image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I will do that as soon as the sun decides to shine again around here...been raining for almost two weeks straight...I think I know exactly what you are talking about tirediron...thank you very much for the two cents...much appreciated...I'd like to see more of "I think it would look better if..." criticism instead of the usual "This doesn't do it for me" type of comments. Does anyone else agree? I'm not saying all of the comments are like the latter, but a majority of comments left on my work tend to be that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back