no title

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't think of a name for this pic, any help?

Dec31st04StreetsofZCbcd37.jpg

also, any help on the cropping?

I can't think of a name really...but that wound on that girls knee is horrible...yet the other girl is crying :confused: Pretty cool pic, guess you could call it "wounded" but that really isn't very clever

eromallagadnama said:
confused: Pretty cool pic, guess you could call it "wounded" but that really isn't very clever

Its a hard pic to look at, but both those girls where so happy to pose for me after they saw I was taking photos of them. Any suggestions on the cropping?

I can't think of a title or caption...but I do get the feeling that a strong title would make this a social commentary worthy of National Geographic.

The crop works well with the girls as the subject, as the background is trimmed out to avoid distraction. However, seeing more of their surroundings might add to the impact that this photo has.

Are they sisters? Seems very simple, but "Sisters" would be nice. Sort of a global perspective of family. Looking at this image it makes me think of my two sons, they are always together. Of maybe "Comfort" as it looks like the younger one has her hand on the older's arm, as if comforting her.

Heavy image. More important than a title or crop; what are you trying to say here? I mean things are tough all over. I am not sure what made you take this photo. Do you know these children? Does this location have a special place in your heart? Tell us the details.

thanks everyone., I guess its a hard pic to look at., harder to create a caption. I took several pics of these so called "street kids" in Zamboanga city, Philippines. They are simply abandons children, with no social services to assist them. left on the street to survive or die.

I love to capture "real life" images of people and wildlife. I am inspired by what I see here in TPF, everyone seems to have such talent, and interesting perspectives.

I spent a lot of time in this city over the last year and a half, and being from Canada, it floors me to see such horror. I bring these images to you for 2 reasons, 1: to inspire your appreciation for the life and happiness that you should have., and 2: to increase the awareness of living conditions in other parts of the world.

there is so much money in this city., business people there are incredibly rich. the government is equally corrupt. I love the people here, but there acceptance of this situation is pathetic.

I am on my way back to the Philippines for 2 months., I will be doing a lot of traveling through out the country, and I will try to post a few more shots as I go along. I leave Fed 17th.

Since I joined TPF 1 week ago, I am a changed photographer. I have learned so much, and my eyes see a different light. I hope to bring the level of quality and content up a few notches, and really look forward enjoying many more discussions here!!

thanks to all!

Thanks Craig

I look fwd to many years of traveling with my new bride, and posting pics, reviewing others will be my best education, to futher my skills. I thank everyone for their consideration!

Most reactions

Back