no u.s.?

stumpjumper21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what does this mean when purchasing a camera? i am looking at some bodies and some of them say (non-U.S.)\

sorry, a photo newbie!:p

As far as I know that usually means that it's an imported model that may or may not include all the accessories, and the biggie is that they usually don't include any sort of warranty.

I *may* be wrong about that, but I believe that's what it means.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/GreyMarketStatic.jsp
B&H said:
Items marked "USA" are imported and/or distributed by the manufacturer or the manufacturer's official licensed importer/distributor and are warranted by them. Items marked "IMP" are imported and/or distributed by other entities and are warranted by B&H Photo-Video. "IMP" products do not qualify for manufacturer's rebate programs. There is no difference in the item itself.

Depending on where you buy from, you might not get a warranty. B&H warranties the grey market gear they sell, but other stores might not.

Click the link for more information.

You may not get a manufacturers warranty, but you may get a store warranty. There is nothing wrong with grey market products from reputable sellers, but beware of deals that are too good to be true; they always are. Before buying check resellerratings.com.

is keh.com a good reputable site?

Yes.

You will see them recommended quite a bit around here for used gear.

is keh.com a good reputable site?

On KEH, non-US just refers to a European or Asian version of a camera (for example, Nikon N75 vs F75). It really shouldn't be an issue, since none of the used cameras on KEH would have warranties anyway. Are you looking at digital or film?

Also, having been burned on eBay, I highly recommend using KEH, even if they cost a little more. They are well known for great deals and dependable ratings.

i was looking at a d40, but i am going to get a d70

Most reactions

New Topics

Back