No wonder they call it the golden hour =O

florenceinitaly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having own the new DSLR for a month now, this is actually the first time I attempted at a sunset shot. I was amazed at the striking colors of the sky (no wonder its called the golden hour =O)

After some typical PP - C&C welcomed as always

I know most of you must have been like a million sunset photos in your lifetime but this all seems like an enlightenment to me :lol:

4297086796_14495e723c_o.jpg

4297086750_06be48aa02_o.jpg

4296340889_0e4eb9c5c0.jpg

I love your playground shot.
The power lines really take it away in the other shots. I had much the same experience the other day. A really great sunset, I was at a strip mall. No time to get away and I tried to shoot over the building, but did not have any foregroud then. I lost the light in about 3 minutes.

I like the second one.
I like many towers and how they lead you to the setting sun.
I like the comment this makes about man's interjection into nature.

On #2 I was gonna say the same thing Bitter...well kind of. I just liked how the power lines/towers looked actually. It would look kind of boring without them IMO. #3 is interesting also. I'm wondering where all the children are. If I lived there, and there was light, I'd still be running around! (assuming I was still a kid...or not)

thanks for all the comments! #2 was my personal favorite as well - glad the power lines worked out well :)

The playground on the way home made me feel like it was abandoned because of the cold, and the eerie lighting added to it I think

2nd shot is sweet! Love the vanishing point

Typically power lines are a big no no in landscape photography, but in #2, they were used very well, and I really like it. I think they're distracting in #1. There are some transmission towers like that near my in-laws. I might have to try this next time we visit them.

I really like the second one...love the clash of nature and technology.

it was my 18-55mm kit lens with the sony a500 - looks like I did something right in #2!

Me to for the second photo. It has some lens distortion but that is fixable using the perspective option of the Crop tool in Photoshop.

#2 again. I would like to see it from the right of the second power line from left to get perfect symmetry with the 4 sets of lines.

#2 is Electrifying..... :lmao:

Most reactions

Back