No work.

DRodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to convey a message with this ,did I succeed please be brutally honest I can like the abuse :mrgreen:

DSC_1713_edited-1.jpg

Since what you want is an interpertation of your photo: I've looked long and hard, but what I see is an old (no shoelaces) discarded pair of boots, a can of (empty?) folgers coffee tossed into the corner of a deterating shack with a hose on the floor....hummmm, no message here.

Care to offer your message.....?

Since what you want is an interpertation of your photo: I've looked long and hard, but what I see is an old (no shoelaces) discarded pair of boots, a can of (empty?) folgers coffee tossed into the corner of a deterating shack with a hose on the floor....hummmm, no message here.

Care to offer your message.....?

PM sent..

And answered.

I do not feel qualifed to offer a technical critique, there are many other members who are. However I do like the B&W shot.

Thank you for well written reply you are a gentlemen and a scholar of course I won't tell anyone ;)

However I do feel you are qualified to critique my work or anyone else for that matter, I however am looking for a sense of feeling my image is conveying rather then a breakdown of it.

Thank you for well written reply you are a gentlemen and a scholar of course I won't tell anyone ;)

However I do feel you are qualified to critique my work or anyone else for that matter, I however am looking for a sense of feeling my image is conveying rather then a breakdown of it.

Thanks you, sir!

Sense of feeling....prehaps melancholy, not all the way sad.

I think you're asking more of the subject matter than is inherently there, unless you care to title the shot with a location that would be more suggestive.

I think you're asking more of the subject matter than is inherently there, unless you care to title the shot with a location that would be more suggestive.

Its a farm hands bunk house they moved on when the farm shut down..
I think I need some suggestions renaming this..

you have an interesting point of view here. I would like to see the following :

1. foreground light reduced by atleast 25%. presently it is too overexposed and is killing the shot.

2. a complete view of the writing "Folgers". (remember, human eyes are attracted by words and writings in a frame - get as complete a written element as possible).

3. the darker pipe in the foreground should originate from the very edge of the photograph, like a diagonal. for that, crop the bottom edge of the frame upwards by 0.5 cms.

4. an added element on the left foreground - say a shovel, or a shiny axe.

I really appreciate your thoughts about "no work" on this one - keep it up ! :)

you have an interesting point of view here. I would like to see the following :

1. foreground light reduced by atleast 25%. presently it is too overexposed and is killing the shot.

2. a complete view of the writing "Folgers". (remember, human eyes are attracted by words and writings in a frame - get as complete a written element as possible).

3. the darker pipe in the foreground should originate from the very edge of the photograph, like a diagonal. for that, crop the bottom edge of the frame upwards by 0.5 cms.

4. an added element on the left foreground - say a shovel, or a shiny axe.

I really appreciate your thoughts about "no work" on this one - keep it up ! :)

Well noted , Thank you.

The boots are too centered for me. I would like to see the first one laid down and more towards the foreground with that background there is a lot of vertical lines and your eye just goes to the center and then strait up there is nothing to get you to have your eye travel in the photo. Over all I think that it is a very strong message. Would be a good one to revisit.

I like this photo, I dunno about a message, I suppose viewers will read into it what they want, it reminds me of my grandads rotting old shed at the bottom of his garden, long after he'd kicked the bucket.
I guess thats a message.
I like it for the detail it contains, maybe it could take a little selective darkening without losing too much detail.
Main gripe is, and its nothing to do with the photo itself,....I cant see the whole damn thing all at once...scroll up...scroll down...scroll up...scroll down
:grumpy:

honestly the first vibe i got without reading anything is a guy searchin for work but cant find any lol. nice shot and again being totally honest thats the exact vibe i got.

I'm not sure what message you are trying to put across, but to me, it's just some junk that would be found in a corner of maybe a empty building. What didn't just seem right about the picture though, even before I read what you wanted, is that your boots looked staged to me. The reason being that there are two of them and both are in pretty good shape (dirty, but good shape) and just missing the laces. I have several boots like this (with the laces) thrown in the corner of my garage. So even with the title, it doesn't come across with the message that you seem to be trying to get across. Also, your perspective is off and the image is tilted. Boosting the contrast a bit might help as well.

The image doesn't really do anything for me other than one thing... it did make me stop and wonder what happened to the laces and why are both missing? :D

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back