No0b time: Pushing ISO 50

frXnz kafka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've got some ISO 50 film (Ilford). I'm afraid I may have underexposed the roll. How does this speed respond to being pushed a stop? I hate to do it, but I'd rather have grainy images I can work with than crystal clear crap.

Lots of choices here, but one stop should not be much of an issue, if it is severly underexposed there is very little you can do if the information isn't on the film, it won't magically appear.

Do you have a developer in mind?

Pan F in Diafine for the recomended time.

Use a compensating developer like Rodinal at least 1:50 plus 25% increase in development time.

Lots of choices here, but one stop should not be much of an issue, if it is severly underexposed there is very little you can do if the information isn't on the film, it won't magically appear.

Do you have a developer in mind?

Pan F in Diafine for the recomended time.

Use a compensating developer like Rodinal at least 1:50 plus 25% increase in development time.
All I have at my disposal is T-Max and Ilfosol S. I'm not hoping for miracles, just trying to salvage what's there.

The other issue is, it may be exposed just fine. The camera doesn't have a light meter, and I didn't meter with anything else. I was just using the sunny 16 rule, up 3 stops (it's a pretty overcast day). So I was shooting at f/5.6 @ 1/60.

Develop in TMAX and tack on an extra 1.5 min.

Works perfectly when I expose PX at 200. I suspect the 2 minute rule will suffice. I've never tried pushing PanF though.

Most reactions

Back