NOCTURNAL aka NIGHT Photography

A statue in front of the Mirage hotel in Las Vegas
Link broken :(

My backyard :)
Links broken :(

My Street
Six links broken :(

Phew, i guess i had more night time shots than i remembered!! :D sorry about that!

Link broken :(
Zeiss Baby Ikonta. Kodak Portra 160NC film. No tripod or filter.

Great thread and great photo!

Man, I'm a night owl, I'd love to take some nocturnal photos outdoors but I live in too scary an area to be going out there alone in the middle of the night :(

:0)
lungfarmer: i know what you mean. this was quite a safe rural station.
i was semi-prepared for the inevitable police car turning up and
a ??? session lol.

LaFoto: thats cool! - maybe i can sned your sister any obscure
photos of rarer uk payphones. this one is of course the 'old-school' design,
(although lacking the urine, burnt phonebooks, dropped take-way, and puke of their 1970's peak! :0). these phoneboxes were widely scrapped
about hmm.. 15 years ago , but retained in leafy suburbs and in the
ouristy areas of central London. this one is the usual GPO Red. sometimes
they are black or even white. (You occasionally see them stashed in eccentric's gardens, bought from some scrap dealer)

Digital Matt: i like the last picture. the sky is a crazy color.
nice photo and good angle of shot !

this photo is nice to study LaFoto!
i was looking half looking at it and thinking the old 3 or 4 storey townhouses
on the left looked german but also thinking hmm that really looks like edinburgh castle - then i saw the caption :0) d'oh

ive used enough XP2 now, to realise that the 'lab' - high street developer
i might choose, can really affect the tonal quality of the negs.
this one and the rest on a roll of 24 (Shot in different places, at different times of day) are quite muggy and thick.

im going to post some handheld 125/sec ones i took while bike-couriering
in London the other day. these are even thicker.

one of them has a black GPO phone box it actually (outside Embankment station)

LaFoto said:
A phone booth!
Yay!
My sister would be delighted. For years she's had a little "private collection" going on of phone booths all over the world. She takes photos of each and everyone she sees - and letter boxes, too.
But one seen and photographed at night? I can't remember having seen any among her many, many photos - ever.

And its a great pity that the absolute only nocturnal photo that I have was taken with my camera, yes, but not by myself, but by my very sister, so credit goes to her:

51200251.jpg

Edinburgh Castle, 3 April 2003, by C.V., almost hand-held (leaned on)

I've always found it a blast to take pictures at night with my tripod while standing in the middle of a huge crowd. I have done that. My family really loves that too I can tell you.

Try that on a street corner in Las Vegas. Then ask your friends if they are having fun yet.

The first one is from Las Vegas and the people I was with were ready to kill me by the time I finished my roll of film.

The second one is from a fancy strip mall where no family members or friends enjoyment was harmed in the taking of that picture.

And my thanks to LaFoto for giving me encouragement for post in old Theme threads. :D

las%20vegas1.jpg

night.jpg

I need to visit the themes section more often. There's some really nice pictures you guys have here.

Most reactions

Back