Nocturnal Night Skating Shot

cHeeunIT890

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out night skating with my brother in Golden Gate Park when I came across this odd reflection in a fountain. I didn't have a tripod on me so it took a couple times to get a decent picture. It's my first nocturnal shot so tell me what you guys think!
reflectionie2.jpg

Nice! That looks really cool, my only suggestion is to crop off a little bit on the bottom. Its cool pictuer though!

thanks. any other suggestions anyone?

Don't crop the bottom. Leave that round reflection of the light untouched, please!
Leave this entire photo untouched. It is good as it is!!!
What IS that huge light source, anyway? It looks like a UFO is about to land behind him! Where does it come from???

I agree with LaFoto - leave the reflection. I think you want the reflection of the entire tree showing. Very soft looking. Nicely done.

thanks for the comments. the light is actually coming from a construction site in the background. anybody in san francisco knows that the aquarium has been undergoing major construction, and they always keep the lights on at night. so yea that's what that big "flare" is.

hopefully ill get sharper photos next time. the shutter speed was 15 seconds and without a tripod i had to sit on the ground and hold the camera as still as i can. that's why everything isnt completely crisp. i think ima go back there in a couple days to reshoot though and ill make sure to bring my tripod.

15 seconds?
Handheld?
Or 1/15 sec.
That alone is hard to get handheld, but 15 seconds exposure into that light, and all without tripod??? :scratch: If so then: wow. Did you hold your breath and keep your heart from beating all that while?

I agree with the others that I wouldn't touch anything on this one. I'd be curious to see what the sharper image would look like but this one is awesome as it is.

nope not 1/15. 15 seconds. i basically sat on the ground and pulled my knees into my stomach so i could rest my camera on it. of the 4 i took this was the only "usable" one. i was kinda ****ed i didnt pack my tripod with me haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back