noise. noISE, NOISE

Seems like only yesterday people were complaining about noise at ISO100 :lol:

One thing which contributes to noise which hasn't been mentioned is the content of a picture. If you take a picture of a cement sidewalk you're unlikely to notice any noise even if it's there. If however you use 200mm f/2.8 and your picture in large part has narrow depth of field and creamy smooth bokeh then the noise will immediately be visible.
:lmao:
Yeah no kidding huh?
What I see as noise now is noting like the early days when it was Chroma noise and you had to actually clone out RBG specks out of photos at 400ISO. The Luminance noise has more the appearance of grain over noise. People complaining about noise at 1250 must have never shot high speed film. You should go try that sometime and then come back and complain. Will you get noise at 1250? Sure will especially if you do not nail the exposure, and guess what it is a part of the game.

I can't wait to get this Ilford 3200 processed....

Seems like only yesterday people were complaining about noise at ISO100 :lol:

One thing which contributes to noise which hasn't been mentioned is the content of a picture. If you take a picture of a cement sidewalk you're unlikely to notice any noise even if it's there. If however you use 200mm f/2.8 and your picture in large part has narrow depth of field and creamy smooth bokeh then the noise will immediately be visible.
:lmao:
Yeah no kidding huh?
What I see as noise now is noting like the early days when it was Chroma noise and you had to actually clone out RBG specks out of photos at 400ISO. The Luminance noise has more the appearance of grain over noise. People complaining about noise at 1250 must have never shot high speed film. You should go try that sometime and then come back and complain. Will you get noise at 1250? Sure will especially if you do not nail the exposure, and guess what it is a part of the game.

I can't wait to get this Ilford 3200 processed....

I hope your developer gets it right. The last time I shot anything really high speed was about 88", and it was terrible. After that I got into pushing my own film to sensitize it. Then I mostly stuck with 400 Pan X for that so it had a nice grain to it. I am so glad I am done with that crap, it is like a bad dream at times when I remember it.

Most reactions

Back