noise reduction for raw files what filter/plugin do you use?

Tinderbox (UK)

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use a one called Noiseware professional plugin by Imagenomic in CS6 and it does a good job to an extent, I use to use Neat Image, but Noiseware works better for me.

What do you use if anything?

John.

Yeah, i can go up to iISO 6400 even with the little sensor in my GX7 , i just have to select the right preset so to not smudge everything too much, has the self-learning kicked in for you yet, mine still says 0.00

John.

Noiseware - it works really well for me.

1) nothing
2) if needed a little of the luminance reduction in camera raw
3) if REALLY needed, Nik's Dfine possibly combined with a little camera raw reduction as well..

most of the time it's nothing, usually the only times I need #2 are on heavily cropped high ISO shots (say 90%+ crops at 2500+ ISO roughly), and usually #3 is only need at the same high crops with too much exposure boost in post which really shouldn't need to be done unless you're just having fun trying to salvage something that wasn't exposed correctly.

I prefer having a little luminance noise to losing fine detail from too much noise reduction...except for color noise, I hate color noise, but that's not something that I see too often.

Banding is even worse than colour noise, my GX7 sensor seems fine though the Sensor in the Panasonic G2 had bad banding, it went back.

John.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back