Noise Reduction Programs, Comparison Pics

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I have a free version of "Neat Image" which I don't know how to manipulate very well but the auto settings seem to do a fairly good job of reducing noise in my pictures. I have a couple of low light pictures witha lot of noise in them which I processed with Neat Image. The first one of each is the edited but not reduced for noise version. In the first one I just noticed that his hair needs some attention. Any comments or tips about noise reduction though?

What other programs do people use?

DSC03292re650.jpg

DSC03292_filteredre650.jpg

DSC03459re650.jpg

DSC03459_filtered2re650.jpg

Wow - Ive been using Helion but youve got to learn not to run it at too high of a percentage otherwise your details start to blur. But I can definately see a change in the last images, those clouds (which are insane might I add) look a lot more smooth in the noise free version.

The 2 most used programs are Neat Image and Noise Ninja.
I have yet to try ninja but I hear it does a very good job and is faster than neat image.

I just got neat image and haven't really had a chance to test it out much as of yet. I can really see a difference in those photos!

Corrected hair version. My grandson climbed up and was waiting for me to start taking pictures. In this one he didn't realize I was taking it. As soon as he knew the camera was on him, though, he started clowning self consciously. I really have to watch him on these rocks as he is fearless (and cares nothing for whether he gives his Grandad a heart attack). :lol: I've never had him hold so still for a haircut before!

DSC03292_filtered2re650.jpg

Most reactions

Back