noise reduction tools

msf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you all use for noise reduction tools?

I have been using helicon noise filter for years, the free version. Its really annoying having to save the photoshop document as a bmp or tiff, I forget. close photoshop, open helicon *they both seem to require alot of ram, well photoshop is set to use alot of it, hence having to close photoshop*., open the tiff, do the work, wait for it to process, saev it as a bmp since there are nto many options, and dont want to keep saving a jpg. then close the program, open helicon, and paste the new document as a new layer in the old one.

I would love to be able to do this in photoshop, but I dont want to pay $75 for the pro version that lets you use it as a plug in.

So im wondering what alternatives there are. Ive heard the photoshop included feature does a good job, but I dont think it compares to others like helicon.

noise ninja plugin filter for photoshop. I am new to photography so I dont know too much about it but the plugin works well. I use it on 3200iso and above.

Noise Ninja - profile it to your camera, apply to new layer and blend. I use it with almost all photos > 800 ISO

Test with a couple shots before you batch all those shot at the same ISO, record, and automate

I too have used noise ninja as PS cs3 plugin. Its a great piece of software and yields great results for a pretty reasonable price. Like the others said, load the profiles for best/quick results.

They all cost about the same for a pro version plug-in $70-$75.

As it turns out, I've tried them all.

I found that Imaginomic Noiseware Pro Imagenomic - Best Plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Apple Aperture has the best noiseware available today if you're serious about noiseware. :drool: But I'm a nobody. Scott Kelby, the photoshop guru, thinks so too.

Sounds to me like your main concern is price.

I think I am ready to finally purchase this, but then I see to many options.

Pro bundle, pro standalone, home bundle and home standalone.

I was thinking of going with home bundle, but it says it only supports single cpu, but my laptop is dual cpu, so im guessing it would work, just take twice as long. the 8 bit limitation doesnt bother me, I dont normally convert raw files to 16 bit tiffs.

is aperature worth having?

I just need something that I can use in photoshop to batch process a couple thousand pictures when I need to, like no flash allowed recital pictures. :)

They all cost about the same for a pro version plug-in $70-$75.

As it turns out, I've tried them all.

I found that Imaginomic Noiseware Pro Imagenomic - Best Plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Apple Aperture has the best noiseware available today if you're serious about noiseware. :drool: But I'm a nobody. Scott Kelby, the photoshop guru, thinks so too.

Sounds to me like your main concern is price.

I use Imaginomic Noiseware Pro also, it's amazing.

incidentally, wiredhernandez as you mention GIMP have you tried the WAVELET SHARPEN
filter. it's very good. sharpens only the luminance of the image. to me, it looks better
than unsharp mask. more subtle.

i was using it on a vista pc with parameters like amount0.3/radius0.50
trouble is now i am on an xp laptop and my gimp install doesn't seen to have a filters folder
(?) ...and this is a filter rather than a script.

Wavelet sharpen | GIMP Plugin Registry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back