Noise?

Adorkable

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I have a little bit of issues with my photography, one of those major issues is noise.

Ugh!

What's the best way to fix all of that?

So, I have a little bit of issues with my photography, one of those major issues is noise.

Ugh!

What's the best way to fix all of that?

1. Set the exposure properly.

2. Use as low an ISO as is possible.

3. Shoot with a dSLR (larger sensors mean larger pixels which, in turn, mean less noise).

What camera? My Canon S5is had a problem with noise if I used a high ISO. It had no problem if I stayed at ISO 100 or 200. There is software that can help with noise in post-processing. (noise-ninja sp?).
...Terry

What camera? My Canon S5is had a problem with noise if I used a high ISO. It had no problem if I stayed at ISO 100 or 200. There is software that can help with noise in post-processing. (noise-ninja sp?).
...Terry

I use a Canon rebel xt.

And really? Because yesterday for example I didn't have the option to use a lower ISO due to the dimmed lighting we were going to be working with, so that noise software I might actually dig myself into.

dont type so small, I cant see it properly :)

Post an example of your pics with noise probs, also what were you shooting, could you have used flash or extra lights?

If you have poor lighting, you need either a fast lens, a flash, or both. I shot a birthday party tonight and never broke past iso400 with my f/2.8 zoom and SB-600 flash for Nikon.

If you have poor lighting, you need either a fast lens, a flash, or both. I shot a birthday party tonight and never broke past iso400 with my f/2.8 zoom and SB-600 flash for Nikon.

Hey Mav, just curious... what made you use ISO 400 with a flash?

Balance. Just because you have a flash doesn't mean you wouldn't want some mood lighting in the shot too. I've often gone up ISO1000 while still using a flash only because I wanted the flash effect to be subtle compared to the background.

That said. There are many cases I'd rather a noisy image than one taken by flash. Stage lighting is exactly one of those. Noise Ninja does a wonderful job, and if you actually print your images you will find that even at your max ISO you get very very good photographs. Obviously they're not going to look good blown up on A3 or zoomed in on your screen, but still more than usable.

Most reactions

Back