Non-Nikon lenses for Nikon

Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I recently bought a Zeiss 28mm f. 2.8 for my Nikon D700, and I LOVE it.

Really really amazing lens...

Below is a sample shot. It's not the best shot I've ever taken but I'd had the lens for about an hour at that point :)

$photoforum (1 of 1).jpg

So I got to wondering about "non-nikon" lenses. Not bargain basement tamrons or sigmas but non-nikon lenses you have to pay more for...

Anybody out there shooting with anything exotic? Voigtlander? Something else?

What have been your experiences?

I looked into some Voigtlanders, but the specs, revues, tests and MTF charts made me run away.

Seriously..... 2 stops of vignetting?

Well I guess that's what I don't understand. Voigtlander lenses are as expensive (if not more) than a comparable nikon. Nobody but somebody in the know would buy them. So I assume they must be good.

"Zeiss" lenses are also made by Cosina...so, which lenses are you asking about panblue??? The Cosina-built "Zeiss ZF" lenses...or the Cosina-built "Voigtlander" optics?

I'm not asking about any. I think it's a pity to thumb one's nose at 'bargain basement Tamrons' (e.g SP CF lenses?)..or bargain basement anything for tha matter because 'Voigtländer' (Cosina) cost a lot more.. so must be good. Cosina can be good and bad. Tamrons also. Cosina have made Tamron lenses too at somepoint.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back