non-Nikon speedlight that can do Auto FP?

shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Are there any non-Nikon speedlight's that can do Auto FP, as well as a SB-800/SB-900?

the sb700 was a great flash and i found it to be just as good as our sb800's, if budget is your concern.
never had an sb900 to compare

have you looked at the yongnuo 568EX flashes?
we had half a dozen of them and while we didnt use high speed sync all that often, when I did it always worked great.

There's Yongnuo, a Chinese brand out of Hong Kong. Their 568EX is HSS compatible, and will also respond off-camera to a Commander flash in Nikon's CLS system. Yongnuo also sells a range of radio trigger and receivers for off-camera flash as well.

From what I understand from friends who have them, they are confusing to learn, simply because of the really basic Chinese-to-English user guides, but they seem to work, and they cost about half the name brand units. That one is under 200 bucks, for example.

How they compare to Nikon units I couldn't say. Do they produce as much light? I don't know. They have the same features, though, with zooming flash heads, iTTL metering for auto-exposure, tilt and swivel for bounce, along with CLS response and high-speed sync.

Most reactions

Back